Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ethanol has lower calorific content than petrol so that's a negative. On the positive side it has a higher octane (resistance to pre-ignition) so you can run more timing and compression. But compression is a physical change to the engine so requires a rebuild and I don't see how timing alone with give you gains over petrol.

So if you want NA ethanol be prepared for some engine work. At least shaving the head.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    BTW, when you read through this thread weight posters opinions by what level of experience they have personally had. I note one poster suggested a turbo will kill your gearbox, diff and driveshafts yet drives a DC5 type R. Not saying he hasn't built an FI S2000 but still...

FI doesn't kill your gearbox, diff or driveshafts, stupidity kills them. FI just gives you the tools to do it quicker. Ask me how I know?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Ethanol has lower calorific content than petrol so that's a negative. On the positive side it has a higher octane (resistance to pre-ignition) so you can run more timing and compression. But compression is a physical change to the engine so requires a rebuild and I don't see how timing alone with give you gains over petrol.

So if you want NA ethanol be prepared for some engine work. At least shaving the head.
    This is good info...

Timing alone can gain power IF the engine combo has been running retarded timing due to using fuel with a low octane rating. Although if this is the case someone has wasted their time...

E85 can provide good gains on N/A motors, however they need to be high comp ratio (higher than stock Honda comp) to see the gains.

F/I motors work so well on E85 due to their Effective compression. An example is my turbo falcon, normal comp is 8.8:1 but with 19psi peak boost it is running 20.2:1 comp.

Use this calculator if you are interested: http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?...s&calctoview=3
    Last edited by senna; 26-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    I think I know what graph ur.talking abput. There are mid range gains of.about.20kw but peak was only about 5 ish.
    For mid range u mentioned then yes.

But overall power gains then its 15-20kw gains
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    tested on a private road.
    Supercharger - FTW!

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    FI just gives you the tools to do it quicker. Ask me how I know?
    how do you know? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Wow. Baller.
    With 4K you wont get a hell of a lot.... basic power upgrades.. every change has a knock on effect as already mentioned by Dakbak.
    Read as many forums as you can, learn from these, look at other engine builds ask more questions. Sort out the bull shit from the facts.
    Some guys love turbo some are more purist and love the high reving all motor builds as I do. I have driven them all, from Porsche GT2's GT3, Honda S2000 turbo with 420whp to All motor race engines of every make. Each gives you a different sensation when driving hard.
    Take your time to decide and do it once dont cut corners and do things on the cheap because it will end up costing you way more...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpracing View Post
    some are more purist
    Or wimps.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    noooo dont talk about diffs. mine is making noises but it has been for a yr and my LSD still works so meh

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If I were you I'd pick up jowjeh's dud diff and have it sorted before yours blows.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/948020-s2k-dud-diff/

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    Well currently running ad08 tyres. 225 front and 255 rear so tyres are qute good. Also i have put better brake fluid in and ds2500 pads. Im getting a new exedy hd clutch soon as mine is slipping. I wanted around 300hp at the wheels. Ish
    let me know where and what i can get to achieve 300 rwhp safely with 4k budget, i would like that much power for that little money. Thanks

LOL