Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car accident

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For 1deg of camber I seriously doubt you'll notice a change with the naked eye in a control arm or whatever. Probably have to get it checked out by a suspension/alignment shop.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I have never heard of that being called a trailing arm. when you purchase a front lower control arm it comes as a complete unit with that section of the arm as well, no just the bit that goes from the subframe to the hub.

either way, give straightline a call
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    I know right? Weird...
    Lol

Yo dude,

Let me knw if u wanna part out that filter in ur k20 motor.

Need a enclosed type filter.

Cheers!
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Yeh ill have it looked out at peddars, hopefully it is just the upper control arms, was planning to buy a camber kit anyways for the front n rear, is it rather difficult to swap out a hub assembly?
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Thanks for the input everyone has given me, at least i have a start on where to go from here
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    if you need the hub swapped for you pm me
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Well cars booked in to be checked on tuesday. Got a mates rims/tyres on the car so its drivable in the meantime. Need to replace my rear wheel bearing so im thinking about swapping all 4 once i figure out the problem with my camber. I'll let you guys know whats up after the check

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    rear wheel bearings are a complete hub, thats piss easy, an axle nut and they come out, new one goes back on.

Front wheel bearings are a bit different, the hub needs to be pressed out of the bearing, the bearing pressed out, the new one pressed in, and then the hub pressed back into place.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I found some on ebay for like $30, dunno if there good or not. Anything to look out for when buying new wheel bearings? like the material? I need to find someone with a press i guess xD or take it to a mechanic all apart might make things cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    dont buy off ebay for stuff liek bearings.

go to repco. ive got repco front and rears in mine, theyre SKF from memory, which is who makes the OEM ones.

as the rear hubs are a complete unit theyre about 90 bucks each, but the fronts should only be about 30 each.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    All right ill get my shoes changed while i do the rear bearings then. Gonna be a fun friday xD

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Reviving this thread, i have swapped out the hub assembly and upper/lower control arms. My front right wheel still has more - camber then the front left wheel.