Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Which R?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by typerk20 View Post
    So initially comparing a S15 to the Type R is a more valid comparision? Rightio.

My point originally being comparing 2 turbo cars with performance in mind is alot more explainable than comparing a N/A FWD to a more performance focused car with a stock turbocharger
    It's a more valid comparison than yours,, because they are both in the same price range. Good luck finding a good Evo or Sti for the same price as a DC2R or S15... Completely different class of car.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Always a fight between the nissan, honda and mitsubishi fanboys.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by typerk20 View Post
    So initially comparing a S15 to the Type R is a more valid comparision? Rightio.

My point originally being comparing 2 turbo cars with performance in mind is alot more explainable than comparing a N/A FWD to a more performance focused car with a stock turbocharger
    mate the s15 is not a pure performance car, you clearly have no idea, it's soft and squishy to drive in stock form, and without mods i daresay it's a complete boat

stock vs stock, dc2r is more performacne focused than the s15
    Last edited by curtis265; 07-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i drove my friend 300 rwhp S15, got lots of mods in engine and suspension. then i got back to my b18c EG na at that time, i still like my EG more.

something about everyone has a fast S15, no many has fast EG that puts me off.
    also i was annoyed the turbo lag since it had high boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    because responsiveness is awesome.

somethinig about the feel of driving a honda is so different
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i have a bigger smile on my face driving my 1984 honda city turbo 2 than driving my mate done up s15 and r33 gtst.

hence i cant sell the city. loving it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    With a Nissan you never know when the boxs gonna drop off LOL
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

turbo is like the drunk haymaker. It rips your head off when it eventually hits. WHEN it hits.
    n/a is like muhammed ali's jabs. finds its mark, any time and anywhere you punch it.
    v10s are like mike tyson. from the get go, it hits hard, and continus hitting hard until your liver bleeds.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    i have a bigger smile on my face driving my 1984 honda city turbo 2 than driving my mate done up s15 and r33 gtst.

hence i cant sell the city. loving it.
    someone who understands!
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    turbo is like the drunk haymaker. It rips your head off when it eventually hits. WHEN it hits.
    n/a is like muhammed ali's jabs. finds its mark, any time and anywhere you punch it.
    v10s are like mike tyson. from the get go, it hits hard, and continus hitting hard until your liver bleeds.
    Fckn this !
    I tip my hat to you sir, summed it up pretty well.

Going from a modified N/A background (K20 eg2) to a turbocharged cars (S15, WRX)
    i can say that the responsiveness of the hondas really makes the car so fun to drive, in the S15 and WRX kinda a dog to drive in day to day traffic
    off boost. Once the car gets a bit hot, the turbo doesnt pick up quite so consistantly, where as my K20 EG2 would behave pretty much the same
    throughout all conditions this was ofcause once i upgraded to the full size radiator lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i dont understand the fight between the FWD and RWD for the daily car. i meant if it is on the track, fair enough, common sense that FWD is a bit disadvantage because u ask the front wheel to do everything.
    but on the street, a decent coilover on a FWD can perform as good as RWD in the real world. less trouble for the FWD as FWD is less likely to oversteer.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Fckn this !
    I tip my hat to you sir, summed it up pretty well.

Going from a modified N/A background (K20 eg2) to a turbocharged cars (S15, WRX)
    i can say that the responsiveness of the hondas really makes the car so fun to drive, in the S15 and WRX kinda a dog to drive in day to day traffic
    off boost. Once the car gets a bit hot, the turbo doesnt pick up quite so consistantly, where as my K20 EG2 would behave pretty much the same
    throughout all conditions this was ofcause once i upgraded to the full size radiator lol...
    dc2r in stock form is a bit of a dog under 3000rpm.