Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Was not impressed with the SP Sport 2050a. I liked Bridgestone RE001 but it was noisy and had poor wet acceleration traction. However for normal street driving it is very good. I have a set of Yokohama AD08 and those are the bomb!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Was not impressed with the SP Sport 2050a. I liked Bridgestone RE001 but it was noisy and had poor wet acceleration traction. However for normal street driving it is very good. I have a set of Yokohama AD08 and those are the bomb!
    Oh definitely, the SP Sport 2050a won't compare to the RE001 but their in 2 different classes. The SP are Ultra High Performance Summer Tyres, the RE's are Extreme Performance (2 categories above). But as a road tyre, where max traction is less important than Road Noise, I'ld take the SP any day.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Oh definitely, the SP Sport 2050a won't compare to the RE001 but their in 2 different classes. The SP are Ultra High Performance Summer Tyres, the RE's are Extreme Performance (2 categories above). But as a road tyre, where max traction is less important than Road Noise, I'ld take the SP any day.
    SP 2050a is much more expensive than RE001 as well. Thing is, the 2050a is an OEM-grade tyre, so if you were to try to buy that from a tyre shop, they would charge you at least $250 for a 205/55 R16.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    SP 2050a is much more expensive than RE001 as well. Thing is, the 2050a is an OEM-grade tyre, so if you were to try to buy that from a tyre shop, they would charge you at least $250 for a 205/55 R16.
    I thought neither were in production anymore. And price isn't really everything, Nitto Invo is fairly cheap, but it's a bloody great tyre. Same goes for the KU36, although wear is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Euro Noob: If you bought TEs, you can afford some proper tyres instead of Gemstone imo. Good deals on ebay if you search.
    I just saw this lol. I only bought the gemstones because I was testing out stuff still. E.g. how many degrees of negative camber I'm going to get. Will I need to work on my guards more etc. I didn't want to buy good brand tyres straight away as I wasn't sure how my tyres will be damaged. Also, I didn't have my fronts in yet so buying the rears first and the fronts second, it'd be uneven for me and I'd have to change them at different times perhaps.

Now that I have my fronts on, Michelin Pilot.. something, I forgot. 225/40/19 but I want to go maybe 215/40/19 (will be hard to find) and for my rears, the Gemstones are 245/35/19, I want to go 235/35/19. I'm trying to look at this thread properly and see what are some good tyres but you all seem to be just talking about stock size? Any suggestions or recommendations for a bit of stretch?

19x8.5 currently on 225/40. Should I try go 215/40 or 225/35? I don't want super thin tyres.. I like the look of a bit of meat but not a lot.
    19x9.5 currently on 245/35. Looking to go 235/35?

Edit: My writing on the Gemstones are cut in half due to my guards at one point so that's what I meant by still trying out things. Didn't want to really ruin some decent tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Just got new KU31 up front and second hand (done 2000km) potenza re040 at back. loving it