Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R

Wrote off my beloved EK - what to move on to?

Incase you guys haven't seen/heard my white ek1 was written off on friday in a 3 car pileup where i got rammed up the ass by a girl, causing me to smash into the rear of the car infront of me, crushing my car and writing off the back due to interior, chassis, frame, cosmetic and internal engine damage.

here's a picture

im getting paid for the car as i have full comp insurance, giving me a total budget of $7500

i've had a look around for EK vti-r's (which are farken overpriced let me tell you..) and not sure what to go next

thinking DC2 VTIR, but not sure if i still want to go the honda route despite how good my little ek1 was to me.
    lol u mad? get fkd m8
    no more mr nice guy, now i am kunt

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Well due to me liking power i would go a cheap eg and swap an engine (b18c2) in it and still should have some spare coin for some handling mods.
    But thats my preference. All depends on what your after. What you think about the dc2/ek/eg? make a list with positives and negatives with also the money you will be getting in mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Some power is a must - after driving my brothers EP3R and going back to my EK, it feels so slow, that's why i'm looking for a honda with vtec or nonda with a bigger engine. Not going to bother with DIY swaps considering i'm doing my HSC this year and don't really want to have to bother with it

EK was all round a great car, lacked power considering it was EK1 but i enjoyed it, wouldn't mind something new though
    EG is too small and too flimsy, interior is groce IMO, mates have some and i just never really liked them in comparison to the EK.
    DC2 is where i'm leaning to ATM, but all for sale are thrashed..
    lol u mad? get fkd m8

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Because you loved the ek so much why don't you go down that route again? you can always get a gli and swap an engine in it also, and then you would have a much more of a powerful engine than the ek4. Atleast this time you would have the extra's you didnt have with the ek1. The dc2 is a hard one to pick though, if you get one you won't really have much more spare cash if you only have the stated $7500, and you would be looking at the bottom of the barrel. Also there would be a few good ones in the market but might take time to find one but there is definately some there.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    i reckon your suggestion of dc2 vtir is about the only legit choice for that sort of money.

Anything non honda isnt gonna be as fun to drive, and anything that will be fun to drive for that price is gonna be a pig, messy, shit condition etc.

If we rule out boats, old people cars like commos, camrys, magnas, corollas, vans/people movers etc etc, we are left with japanese options like lancers, and mirages but theyll all be base models for that price.

You could pick up a pulsar, might be able to find a SSS, sr20de is a pretty fun car to drive, and the sr20de is not too much of a nugget.

Maybe a prelude? Or you could try and find a subaru, dont worry about the impreza, look for a liberty, AWD, manual, even if its N/A theyre still pretty fun to throw around, plus all the wrx suspension gears fits under them from memory.

Mazda Astina 323, try find an sp23, they go very fast and respond well to the same shit as hondas, exhaust and intake will pick up 15-20kw straight up

How about an MR2?

if you dont want to go japanese, look at maybe a Mk4 golf, but be ware that when stuff breaks itll be pricey to fix.
    Barina or astra is another euro option.

go to carsales.com.au and search for cars between 5 and 7.5k, and youll get an idea of whats out there for that price range.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    i reckon your suggestion of dc2 vtir is about the only legit choice for that sort of money.

Anything non honda isnt gonna be as fun to drive, and anything that will be fun to drive for that price is gonna be a pig, messy, shit condition etc.

If we rule out boats, old people cars like commos, camrys, magnas, corollas, vans/people movers etc etc, we are left with japanese options like lancers, and mirages but theyll all be base models for that price.

You could pick up a pulsar, might be able to find a SSS, sr20de is a pretty fun car to drive, and the sr20de is not too much of a nugget.

Maybe a prelude? Or you could try and find a subaru, dont worry about the impreza, look for a liberty, AWD, manual, even if its N/A theyre still pretty fun to throw around, plus all the wrx suspension gears fits under them from memory.

Mazda Astina 323, try find an sp23, they go very fast and respond well to the same shit as hondas, exhaust and intake will pick up 15-20kw straight up

How about an MR2?

if you dont want to go japanese, look at maybe a Mk4 golf, but be ware that when stuff breaks itll be pricey to fix.
    Barina or astra is another euro option.

go to carsales.com.au and search for cars between 5 and 7.5k, and youll get an idea of whats out there for that price range.
    Yes... This right here...

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to trism again. -.-.-.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    found this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1994-12181324

will lowball to somewhere in $5k range

change wheels ofcourse..
    lol u mad? get fkd m8

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    sorry to see your ek ending up like that! reasonable payout though, so all good!

good choice with the dc2. with some patience you can probably get a slightly newer one though paying a little more...facelift front with dual airbags for i think the 98+ models from memory
    but i guess it depends on what u want to pay and what you can can negotiate down to

i personally wouldnt go red with older cars - check for paint fade, looks like the owner did some budget modding lol, supercheap auto pod i'd say?
    would definitely change those wheels first thing!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Yeah the red is putting me off, but bodywork and interior seems straight and clean. Emailed him asking of he had oem products for the ones e replaced with aftermarket. Also found a silver one on gutted for same price but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Wish people would check their emails more often! Finding a car soon is so hard.
    lol u mad? get fkd m8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    anyone got any background info on this prelude

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1998-12632868

showed bro, he's hesitant to check it out, thinks it might be shifty..
    lol u mad? get fkd m8