Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
In the end its a matter of personal preference. Turbo cars can be really shitty on petrol if you have a heavy foot and im finding this out the hard way at the moment.
costing me so much cause i do a fair bit of travelling. K swap is pretty much the best of both worlds, good on petrol, can keep up to fairly modded turbocharged cars if not beat
them, parts are cheap (k24a3 long block can be had for as little as $800) and compared to Evo's, S15's ,WRX's the driveline is fairly solid and can take a beating all day
everyday, the only thing you will be killing is your tyres knowing you know how to drive properly where as you do a 6,000rpm launch in a Evo = good bye transfer case,
WRX = goodbye 1st and 2nd gear, S15 = goodbye gearbox (the 6 speed has known to have lots of issues).

Alot of miss info about turbo cars using alot of petrol any car can use alot of petrol
If you put your foot down my ver5 Wrx can do 550k to a 60L tank not too bad is it?
And gearbox the pre 98 had weak 5speed then the my99-00 came with a stronger box then bugeye sti and newer had the 6speed which is know to be just as strong as a dogbox..