Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Dc2r gearbox help !!

hey guys i recently purchased a dc2r with 150xxx on the clock, full service history on the books and all. after driving for a couple of days i noticed that when im shifting from 2nd to 3rd in VTEC its got a crunch, it doesnt feel too good then from 3rd to 4th same thing but no as bad as 2nd to 3rd. when i drive the car normal theres no crunch it feels perfect. now the previous owner notified me that the clutch will need changing in the near future as it feels a bit weary. can anyone tell me what this could be? should i change the clutch ?
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Ok.

Could be a few things.

Clutch
    Synchros
    Oil in gearbox might need changing

Been covered a fair bit on the forum dude. No offence

Just get someone to look at it. Mechanic that is

at what rpm are you shifting?

don't tell me redline.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Why didn't you discover this when you were test driving the car? You should always drive a car hard when you test it.

99% of the time it's the synchro like CRXDEL501 said. Very common problem and exacerbated with higher RPM, less noticeable at lower RPM. You could try using a good GBox oil like REDLINE to extend the life of the synchros but eventually they will need to be changed.

Clutch. Is it slipping out, whining? If not, then clutch is probably fine for now. Get a shop to look at it while they change your synchros.