Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    for those who were curious heres the clip of the stock s2000 running one with a ring and pinion swap

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/vi...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
    Last edited by WhiteAP1; 15-06-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    While im at it heres the calculator that will tell u the speed u'll reach at the top of each gear depending on the final drive.

http://www.turnzero.com/technical_re...ear_calculator

wow the difference is huge!!! i wasnt expecting that much difference!

So this is with 4.56 gears??

What do you think of 4.77? i was reading s2ki i think and there was ppl recommending the 4.77 as the 4.56 the difference is not that great.
    But also they were debating about freeway driving.

Is the yellow box calibration process anything big deal? cos thats one of the things i worry about...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    im pretty sure that it was a 4.57, the kia diff as u know is 4.56. Now the 4.77 is ultimatley better, u will accelerate faster,though to get to 100km u'll need to up shift into 3rd that could slow u down 0-100

It really depends on what sort of application its being applied to. Also u'll pay an arm and a leg for ricks or J's 4.77 when u can easily benifit from the Kia diff for half the price. Check out the calculator play with both figures and have a think of where u'd like to be at the end of each gear. For NA and daily i think the 4.56 will serve better, its easier to live with. Think of traffic and start stop. The lower the ratio the less shifts u have to make to get to a certain speed.

dont worry about freeway driving u'll between 3k and 4k rpm at 100 in 6th with a 4.56. The yellow box is pretty straight forward for someone with the knowledge.Heaps of ppl have done it and speedos have needed recalibrating for ages, most ppl who go with large tyre packages on any car need recalibration. Im not gonna tackle on my own. I'll probably get it done at the same place i get my diff done.
    Last edited by WhiteAP1; 16-06-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    id just like to correct myself (if anybody is actually reading this post) the AU +NZ kia diff ratio is actually 4.625 not 4.56,

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1
    id just like to correct myself (if anybody is actually reading this post) the AU +NZ kia diff ratio is actually 4.625 not 4.56,
    Thats ok. We all make mistakes occasionally.

What sort of car do you want to build? Dont just modify for the sake of modifying, you'll end up with a weird hybrid of things. Can you imagine 24 inch bling wheels thats ultra low with amuse wide body kit and gt wing with flame decals and a shopping list on the side of the car and on the inside its all posh like. Do you want to build a NA track car or a super charged everyday car? Think of what you want out of your car how you drive, and the ideas will come to you

By the way does anyone know where I can get a pair of sparco seat bases from in Melbourne on the cheap new?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i hope you understand this thread was created in 2006...

I only realised after I posted lol. But I do need the sparco seat bases. if anyone has them for sale please message me?