Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03

[CL9] Hondata Intake Gasket Install

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased an Intake Gasket and has anyone installed these in the car.

I dont see the point in paying about 200-300 dollars to install a park which looks fairly straight forward.

Has anyone installed one and if so is it easy I dont mind about how long it will take but just curious with a bit higher then basic mechanical knowledge could I install it buy myself no hiccups that will come up?
    Last edited by marquee; 25-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    CL9 or CU2? You are supposed to place either a [CL9] or [CU2] in the front of your thread title so we know what car you are talkin about.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    CL9 It is in my car and tried to edit thread title but couldn't

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    You have to click edit, then go advanced. That will give you the option to edit the heading.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    all done with the edit

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    So today I tackled the Install of the Intake Gasket It was a fairly straight forward task.

Basically the task looks very hard but is quite easy.

Unplug all the hoses, unscrew all the bolts connecting the intake to the head.

Let a lot of coolant drip out catch can highly recommended and removing under car splash guard.

Clean head and intake and replace gasket.

Now for the review:

As many owners would know the engine bay does get quite hot. Barely being able to touch throttle body head basically anything but the air conditioning system.

After 2 hours of driving I could not touch the head being too hot i could physically wrap my hand around the throttle body for an unlimited amount of time. Not saying does not get hot it is quite warm but defiantly not boiling as compared to other engine components.

So the aim of this gasket is to keep intake cooler so cooler air gets through the engine from what I can tell this is working as i can feel the car be more responsive not so much a power increase.

Overall this part cost $90 can buy cheaper alternatives but went with hondata due to reputation. For 90 dollars I am very happy and is a very cheap and quite easy and practical add on to any car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    So today I tackled the Install of the Intake Gasket It was a fairly straight forward task.

Basically the task looks very hard but is quite easy.

Unplug all the hoses, unscrew all the bolts connecting the intake to the head.

Let a lot of coolant drip out catch can highly recommended and removing under car splash guard.

Clean head and intake and replace gasket.

Now for the review:

As many owners would know the engine bay does get quite hot. Barely being able to touch throttle body head basically anything but the air conditioning system.

After 2 hours of driving I could not touch the head being too hot i could physically wrap my hand around the throttle body for an unlimited amount of time. Not saying does not get hot it is quite warm but defiantly not boiling as compared to other engine components.

So the aim of this gasket is to keep intake cooler so cooler air gets through the engine from what I can tell this is working as i can feel the car be more responsive not so much a power increase.

Overall this part cost $90 can buy cheaper alternatives but went with hondata due to reputation. For 90 dollars I am very happy and is a very cheap and quite easy and practical add on to any car.
    Grats, now get yourself a comptech intake for some power lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Grats, now get yourself a comptech intake for some power lol
    Ive already got an intake and full 3" exhaust next step is tune

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    where did u purchase it from?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    i got it from my mechanic in melbourne. $90 from memory.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, gasket changes were always meant to be pretty straight forward. Only thing is you want to do it in a closed area, i.e. inside your garage, as you don't want dirt and sand blown in from the wind.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Cl9 06 Luxury
    i decided to do mine after i finished installing my mugen short shifter at 11pm.

i dropped 2 bolts n gaveup at 2:30 in the morning freaking out!

woke up found the bolts finished it off.

make sure you use a torque wrench on the main intake bolts...

ive noticed its more responsive down low!