Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    IMHO, we shouldn't be claiming either car being faster. A car doesn't drive itself. The driver plays a BIG part in it. You can give a driver a WRX, and if he doesn't know how to launch an AWD car, it won't be a match against even an Euro.
    If you want to compare, then compare cars AND drivers. Not just the car alone based on numbers from many different conditions. 1 driver should do the 1/4 mile for both the Sportivo and Euro on the same day, within the closest possible time. Then I'll believe which is faster. Both are good value cars and there is no point telling the other camp that your car is not faster, not smoother, not refined, not cheaper, not more expensive, not pimper, not whatever.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    fact is it is not as refined and not smoother...people here are saying that the corolla is not good down low well of course its not cos it only 180nm.....you got to rev the ring off it to get it going...we all know that they have a large range for mods ,they both have but 14.5 is just a joke...maybe a low blow turbo on a sportivo will do a 14.5..but otherwise not a chance.

true that 14.5 is abit too much for stock on average a stock s2000 would do that or s15 , wrx but not sportivo unless he has done something to the engine

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    yeah agree...no way could a stock type S pull a 14.5 1/4 mile...let alone a corolla!!
    My stock DC5 integra could only manage 15.1secs....after I/H/E I managed to pull it down to a 14.7 (all G-tech times).

i think the debate has been resolved:

Euro - no reason why it shouldn't ne easily just as quick as sportivo

Sportivo - when driven it feels faster but is likely due to the way it revs and the power curve.

I don't think there's much more that can be said... be interesting to see a dyno of the two cars if anyone has access to them

guestimate:
    euro
    ......./.........
    ...../ .......
    .../.........
    sportivo
    .....|.......
    .....|.......
    ___|.......

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    I like that conclusion.

All factors play into everything

The skill of the driver, the characteristic of the driver - though i've heard that heavy ppl in a car can pull quicker times than people half their weight, i can actually believe that because of the skill of the driver.

It's also the conditions, the Euro in the wet, even with VSA on, can still lose traction - there's just a lot of torque for a FF wheel car, and im sure type of tyres would help.

I agree with the WRX analogy as well from experience

Both cars are good in their own way and both have their advantages and disadvantages, i enjoyed reading the discussion - that's always a good thing when ppl aren't flaming each other.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Quote Originally Posted by albii
    i'm sorry that doesnt make any sense...14.5?? type s is a 15 sec car and no way will a sportivo be that quick.
    hmmmm......don think the sportivo is that quick!!! type s should be the better one off......hmmmm......sounds fishy to me, but than again what do i know i own a type R hehaehahe

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    Sportivo - when driven it feels faster but is likely due to the way it revs and the power curve.
    I think this argument is quite a bit of non-sense. Speedo's what you use to gauge how fast the car's going, not the way it revs.
    I like my Euro, but I don't think it's as fast as Corolla Sportivo.
    It's just too heavy. 200kg weight difference is huge. It's like carrying 3-4 passengers. I'm sure all of you notice a huge difference in performance when you are driving by yourself and when you have a full load of passengers in your car. I certainly feel it.
    BTW, hardly any of you have even driven the car, so it's purely speculation.
    I would've argued that Euro will be faster due to better torque if I haven't driven the Corolla myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    still cant agree with you....my mate had a zr celica and that weighs 100kg less than the sportivo and while it does rev hard it is certainly not as quick...

i've also driven my next door neighbours celica and although its quick in higher revs i didn't think it was any quicker overall at all. It's why i have a hard time believing the corolla would be - liek you said weight makes a difference.

-the weight difference between difference between a standard euro and the sportivo is more along the lines of 140kg.

I'm sitting on the fence - sorry but no one can say which is quicker by using a "but dyno" they have different characteristics.

I think this argument is quite a bit of non-sense
    I don't

The euro is renowned for feeling "slow" its decieving how quick it is because of its progressive power curve.

Speedo's what you use to gauge how fast the car's going, not the way it revs.
    out of context i know - but you said it! It might feel faster but thats the thing without any solid information its just a feeling.

Don't trust your butt, both cars need to go to the drag-strip before i or anyone should believe anything.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    I recently drove a Sportivo that my GF was looking at.

Was impressed but you do notice the lack of "pull" i spose.
    The only thing that lets the rolla down is the way it looks.... there is not alot of them around in Perth interestingly.

In the end we walked away from the car, but i was impressed
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Some of you keep on saying Sportivo is slow in low-rev range but aren't you forgetting the fact that Euro also has a high revving engine? Sure it has more torque but it also has that extra weight.
    Isn't it contradicting to say that Euro feels deceivingly slow and yet, Sportivo is deceivingly fast? Anyway, I'll be in a much better position to comment on this after spending some time behind the wheel of Sportivo, which will be here this Wednesday.
    Last edited by coladuna; 27-06-2005 at 10:20 PM.