Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy

need a solution!!

hey peeps i was just with my mate and we were drivin round with the music goin and then all of a sudden it stops...at first we go it might be a loose power cable but there all there..ive got 2 amps and none of them turn on..i was thinkin it might be the earth cables but there all fine..

i know with my system even if the car is off i get a lil spark if i move one of the power cables but he didnt?any suggestions on how to fix this?if u need more detail just post it
    Last edited by notorious_ahmie; 28-06-2005 at 07:11 PM.

hmmmmm.......there's no pwoer whatsoever??? deck still work?? if amp is not workling could be the remote cable!!!, check fuse on amp??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ITRBoI
    hmmmmm.......there's no pwoer whatsoever??? deck still work?? if amp is not workling could be the remote cable!!!, check fuse on amp??

I told you to come down here in the first place, I told you to come down here in the second place and now I'll tell you again; come down here and I'll help you sort your system out dude.

BTW, what happened with the bloke who installed it? I thought he was going to fix it?

could be a few things. Check the fuse on the power cable, thats most likely the culprit, maybe its blown or has come loose. If that doesnt work check the fuses on the first amp and see if theyre ok. Then check the second. I know my crappy amp (soon to be gone ) its power protection cuts in at stupid times and nothing works so it could b just that. what amps are they and what rca and guage power cable u running?
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    it's most probably the fuse on the power cable.
    that's the first thing i would look at.
    even if the fuse on one of the amps are blown, it still should flow currnet to the other amp, considering it's bridged.
    if it was the ground, it should go in protection mode.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    you know what...when i was playing around with it once...the sub amp's protection light went on..and then off ...hmm wat ya think?

yeh the power protection goes on for a certain amount of time after the light comes on. Its not on only while the light is on so yeah could be that, but if it was then your system SHOULD run again when you wait a while and turn it back on? mine did anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    try earthing it somewhere else.
    what about the remote wire? check that yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda camRy
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    try earthing it somewhere else.
    what about the remote wire? check that yet?
    well im not to sure wat that remote wire is excuse my retardness...ive spoken to fhrx hes gonna help me out if i cant get this all fixed up..also havent tried earthing it anywhere else..hmmm

the remote wire is what switches the amplifier on. It is connected to the back of the head unit (into the wire for the ariel i think). A DIY would tell you how to do it.

Sounds like its a blown fuse...
    Just double check all your wiring..