Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK

need help ASAP with my hub bolt!

So today I was removing my gearbox , started off with the driver side by removing the CV and stuff, all went well!

Get to passenger side I was stuck like hell.
    The issue is I cant crack the 32mm Bolt , Ive tried my Snap On rattle gun then my massive breaker bar. Im not sure how the old the owner did it while doing the 5 stud conversion...but it looks like he smashed the nut in on the two sides!

B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    wat me and a mate did was put a vacuum pipe over a breaker bar, had some nice leverage and made it so easy and it just came off. Use some sort of long cylinder metal pipe, it'll work.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Breaker bar + long pole always works, first time taking off the nut is a hassle.

if that doesnt work, heat up the nut with a propane torch, as heat expands metal, so gives a better chance of breaking the nut loose

lastly, worse case, blow torch to extreme heat than breaker bar with pole or massive rattle gun should do the trick, BUT with that much intense heat, u have a good chance of ruining ur wheel bearings and ruining the drive shaft
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Find someone with a press?

1.5 mtr breaker bar.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Find someone with a press?
    lolwut?

Make sure you completely unstake the nut first. Little screwdriver bits work well. Put the wheel back on and drop the car. Handbrake up and wheel chock in, then try the breaker bar again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    whats best way to unstake the nut more???
    B-serious m8

screwdriver + hammer

Member Array
    Car:
    shevic
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Breaker bar + long pole always works, first time taking off the nut is a hassle.

if that doesnt work, heat up the nut with a propane torch, as heat expands metal, so gives a better chance of breaking the nut loose

lastly, worse case, blow torch to extreme heat than breaker bar with pole or massive rattle gun should do the trick, BUT with that much intense heat, u have a good chance of ruining ur wheel bearings and ruining the drive shaft
    i agree with you

when i removing mine i use 1"dr breaker bar fitted to a 32m socket and inserted a 1.5 meter steel/metal pipe on the breaker bar.

tried using 1/2 dr breaker bar and fail

hope that helps you

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    screwdriver + hammer
    i've also had to agree with this aswell !

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    thanks guys, will get to it tomorrow morning ..so much headache =(

hopefully I get the box out and sent off for a reco.
    B-serious m8