Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    motec, wow, great exhaust.. did u get 2 of the big bottles also?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    sorry Weq correct me if im wrong but are you taking the p*ss?

Can never really tell on here?

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    sorry Weq correct me if im wrong but are you taking the p*ss?

Can never really tell on here?
    AHah u got me

Im just wondering, why fork out so much cash on a motec ecu when you really havent dont any engine modifications yet. atleast grab a set of stage 1 cams please!

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    did u get 2 of the big bottles also?
    Funny you should mention that, because my grill topped out at 160 degrees. I need two bags of coal.. the big ones..

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    Im just wondering, why fork out so much cash on a motec ecu when you really havent dont any engine modifications yet. atleast grab a set of stage 1 cams please!
    Oh trust me i know what your saying. Do you know any companies that make them for the B18B2 engine? I admit that as for cams i havent researched deeply but want ive been finding is that unless the car is vtec, cams dont exist.

As for reasons for the motec, why not go for the best? I mean i can afford it. Yes i could save a heap and go with hondata or even a shitty emanage but personally i dont believe in going cheap when it comes to cars, especially when anything to do with the engine management and internals is involved.

Im no expert on cars actually im a car noob but i have seen mates go cheap with their cars and they end up running like shit and they where very unhappy in the end for the $ spent.

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    you just have to look at some other threads on here to see the drama's ppl are having when they do things on the cheap, i recall a turbo install....

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Uhm.. If this is a B18B engine with some light boltons, you dont need anykind of tuning at all really.. The only thing you need, is a VTEC head and do a ls/vtec Then we'll talk tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    segway
    ha ha that is more trouble than its worth ive heard. I just put a stop on my order for the MoTec i only placed it a couple of days ago, the shop hadnt even put the order through thank god. I have to say weq is right, i just email proECU about hondata we'll see what he says. What a head f*k.

no offence sharky, as you seem to be open to suggestions,

i do not think that you will even see very many HP from your listed mods

if you "can afford a motec" at least get a decent set of headers...

and IMO, anyone who says a frankenstein conversion is "more trouble than it is worth" either has never tried it, or ****ed it up...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    LS/Vtec is a great mod. more power then u would expect, if u want to stay NA Golden eagle do install kits which make things easy...

IMO though, if u got cash for a motec, get a turbo kit/custom. b18b turbo puts out good HP, stock. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    ha ha that is more trouble than its worth ive heard. I just put a stop on my order for the MoTec i only placed it a couple of days ago, the shop hadnt even put the order through thank god. I have to say weq is right, i just email proECU about hondata we'll see what he says. What a head f*k.
    <------------ has been waiting for PRO-ECU to come out for some time

I hear we don't have to wait to much longer
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    There is no point in changing ECU or get ECU stuff if you dont have anything on your car worth tuning more then the stock ECU already does for you in closed loop. Put your money to some real use!