Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found a EG6

i personally think you should buy it for 1.5k . all those problems are easy fixes and its a 18y/o car, what more can u expect. depending on the purposes for buying this car, go have a look to see if you can drive this thing daily without major issues, find out how strong the motor actually still is, because everything aside, if ur going to buy ANY 18/yo there are bound to be problems, regardless of engine life (being swapped or not), everything else on that car is nearly 20 years old. its always a risk, so figure it out, and sort out a reasonable price on the car. that's considering if you can be bothered to fix problems... if u can't, dont buy it.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    inspected the car today, it pulls good and the mechanical records were pretty good, but he said there was some foaming or something in the radiator. which might mean head gasket issues. how much is that to fix? to get an idea of how much less to pay, the body is in pretty good condition other then the paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Anything under the 2k mark sounds like a good snap but each to their own and personal preference will play a part here as some people would prefer to buy clean examples and add the extra 2-3k ontop of market value while others don't mind the discrepancies and want to get away with a bargain price

I'd suggest you check out the head gasket issue further if you are really considering buying it as from my experiences head gaskets issues are headaches and expensive
    None the less if you think its mechanically good-to-go, dont mind the rough body and fits what your after then i would say give him an offer of 1.7~9k and if he is cool with that then done deal

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    head gaskets are aroudn 1k unless you can DIY
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

lol what an honest seller. imo now, don't even bother. sounds like too much work to own. its ok if u think like, yeah ill just fix all these current problems full stop. but in the case that something keeps occurring every few months, you'll wish you didn't buy it so yeah up. up to your discretion .
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh hes very upfront, ill get some quotes if its too expensive then ill just leave it.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    also are all the b16 head gaskets the same?
    or does a b16a5 require a particular gasket?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    All same head gaskets.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    dont forget the paint works as well, u did say the paint is no good?
    that cost a lot to paint in perth as i am still trying to find a paint shop within my reasonable budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    DIY paint time
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i actually know a paint shop that are very resonably priced and the guy that runs it is like a condition nazi, he refuses to do patch ups, he always fixes it properly before painting.

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    send me your jazz and ill send you my eg with the all the eg6 options and almost all the gathers options and honda acsess options
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud