Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6

Recommend me some RCA cables?

hey guys,

looking over my system im thinking my RCA cables are letting me down and as a result i got some static coming through. Can anyone recommend me some RCA cables? Best bang for your buck?

cheeeeeeeers

dunno about bang for your buck, but stinger have some good quality cables

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    If you have static, I doubt it's your rca's... unless you have absolute crap ones with no shielding perhaps... I'd say check your grounds, and if you really want to upgrade your rca's, put a budget up and how many cables you need, so we don't recommend a product which will cost you like $200 for 3 cables

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    speaker cables should be away from your power cable to minimize or to get rid of the static

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    speaker cables should be away from your power cable to minimize or to get rid of the static
    Negative (Or negative from memory)... They can both be run together... the general idea is to keep rca's away from Power wire... but even then, it's not really needed. It's just precaution... I've had a car with all of them run down the same side, and it sounded absolutely fine, no whining what so ever... But even still, Keeping them separate is a good idea.

But yeah... Grounds...
    Last edited by Drifter995; 27-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    im almost certain its the RCAs. when i unplug them there isnt any static. plus, they are pretty shit. fusions or something. need 3 sets for two splits and subwoofer.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    How much are you willing to spend? Again, so we don't offer you over the top expensive ones... otherwise stinger pro3 ones are decent, for $50~ a piece.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    something below 50 dollars for a pair, guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=108342
    I had these in my eg if I recall correctly... did the job well. had no noise, no issues

whats the voltage on your pre-outs on your head deck?

that could also be your issue...

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    to OP what headunit you using? it would be very unlikly that all your rcas are rooted its morew likely a grounding issue or cable routing issue imo, best to check first instead of throwing money at the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    If you have static, I doubt it's your rca's... unless you have absolute crap ones with no shielding perhaps... I'd say check your grounds, and if you really want to upgrade your rca's, put a budget up and how many cables you need, so we don't recommend a product which will cost you like $200 for 3 cables
    +1 i doubt its the rcas unless they are unshielded or damaged, id check the grounds first then if they are intact id check where the rcas have been run, they should be run down the opposite side of the car to your harness and power wire to avoid interferance.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    i think you mean rca's
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    im almost certain its the RCAs. when i unplug them there isnt any static. plus, they are pretty shit. fusions or something. need 3 sets for two splits and subwoofer.
    unplugging them proves nothing, your removing the source signal so ofcourse the static will stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    whats the voltage on your pre-outs on your head deck?

that could also be your issue...
    What?
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna