Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicTypeR View Post
    Yeah, OEM intake hose eventually splits. Mine even split back with my OEM airbox, don't know how that happened?

Judging from where the crack was and fracture pattern, it may have been due to engine movement and vibrations because there was a point in time where I had to drive with broken engine mounts while I waited for my order to arrive.

Didn't know it was broken until a few months after so that's just a theory.
    Thats not cool at all. Thankfully I'm headed in a direction that doesn't require an intake pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
    Thats not cool at all. Thankfully I'm headed in a direction that doesn't require an intake pipe.
    itb's?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    It will suck unfiltered air.

Also today noticed that the clunk from the steering rack has returned same as everyone else's . I had my rack regreased about 3 months ago and 2000km seems way too soon to need another regreasing.
    when i got my steering rack regreased.. there was still a little bit of creaking when i take off... only like 1 or 2 small creaks.. which is alot better than previous

but i do notice sometimes it comes back and it creaks back to previously but after a while it just goes away...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Most likely because EP3's aren't actually properly JDM, they're EDM (built in the UK).
    The JDM Facelift models have JDM engines but they were still assembled in the UK.
    Chassis was made in the UK. Everything else was jap. That's in the jdm model that is.
    But yes.. all assembled back in Swindon UK.
    Last edited by brody; 10-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    letmegooglethatforyou-_-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicTypeR View Post
    Yeah, OEM intake hose eventually splits. Mine even split back with my OEM airbox, don't know how that happened?

Judging from where the crack was and fracture pattern, it may have been due to engine movement and vibrations because there was a point in time where I had to drive with broken engine mounts while I waited for my order to arrive.

Didn't know it was broken until a few months after so that's just a theory.

Here it is:
    [/QUOTE]

Sorry dont mean to hijack thread but what did you replace it with. Mine is starting to crack as well. Did you replace with the same hose or a plastic one?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mag0056hy.jpg/
    Last edited by Giiberish; 19-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giiberish View Post
    Sorry dont mean to hijack thread but what did you replace it with. Mine is starting to crack as well. Did you replace with the same hose or a plastic one?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mag0056hy.jpg/[/QUOTE]

Replaced it with another OEM hose. They eventually crack though, so better off getting a silicon one such as Tegiwa.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Yeah I just went with the Tegiwa one.
    Btw I have now seem to have sorted out the high fuel consumption. I replaced the spark plugs with ones that are actually rated for the K20A. The ones I had previously were denso ones and were for the civic si got them off amazon thinking they would also suit the JDM k20 down to 10ltr/100 and that was halfway through a tank so hoping that with the new O2 sensor that goes lower.

Another update, have installed the rear coilovers and whiteline swaybar. Will be getting the fronts put in next week along with the j's racing tie rods, j's roll cecntre adjusters and if I have time the whole energy suspension bushing kit as well.

Rear on the car feels nice and planted now.
    Will have some pics sometime next week.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    which sparkies did you get mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Same as Rps got in his thread the NGK BKR6EIX ones

Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Yeah I just went with the Tegiwa one.
    Btw I have now seem to have sorted out the high fuel consumption. I replaced the spark plugs with ones that are actually rated for the K20A. The ones I had previously were denso ones and were for the civic si got them off amazon thinking they would also suit the JDM k20 down to 10ltr/100 and that was halfway through a tank so hoping that with the new O2 sensor that goes lower.

Another update, have installed the rear coilovers and whiteline swaybar. Will be getting the fronts put in next week along with the j's racing tie rods, j's roll cecntre adjusters and if I have time the whole energy suspension bushing kit as well.

Rear on the car feels nice and planted now.
    Will have some pics sometime next week.
    Do the roll centre adjuster only go on the front? On jdm concept they don't seem to have the rears

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Is there a big difference between Tegiwa and ebay ones. Shipping to Aus is 50 pounds.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    Do the roll centre adjuster only go on the front? On jdm concept they don't seem to have the rears
    Yeah they are just for the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Giiberish View Post
    Is there a big difference between Tegiwa and ebay ones. Shipping to Aus is 50 pounds.
    I dont know in terms of quality or anything although shipping shouldnt be £50 i had more stuff than just tue intake pipe sent and it cost less than that to ship