Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeatsco
    how do u cut the plastic? how do u konw where the holes should be?
    Something I learnt from building up my bike...
    Measure twice (or more), cut once, no tears..

Good luck.

You could just cut holes small enough for the bar to fit through. tighten everything else before slipping the covers back in place.
    MFactory Competition Products

fold the plastic back and mark it, then cut out that hole if you don;t want it to look crappy... otherwise remove the rear panelling all together...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    i would mark where the plastic needs to be cut, take off the side arch plastic mouldings completely, then make your slit just enough for the width of the strut. then i would take the strut brace mounts off, and then re-attach them on the other side of the plastic mouldings. and then clip all the plastic moulding on.

does that sounds confusing?? that way you will have one nice cut. wont be able to see the mounts or anything. will almost look OEM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    a dremal comes in handy for this kinda stuff, just for a nice finish. A very handy tool for around $150. It worked a treat when installing guages in a friends car, in the dash

That rule "measure twice cut once" is definately needed mate! Oh so many times I've wished I had just used it.