What oil to use on a dc2 vtir

recently i filled up with some castrol magnatec 10w40 and now im noticing that it drives abit different to how it used to. im just wondering which oil and brand oil should i use?

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    This is the oil you should use.

dc2r oil
    I don't even know anymore.

im kinda new to this forum so i dont know my way around yet but i still couldnt find a page

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-your-integra&

Post your engine specs, if it is consuming any oil etc and someone will reply to you in there if you are still unsure.
    EG

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Failing that I'd consider a 10W-40 if you're not sure of the health of your engine. If it's tight as a drum I'd personally run a 0W-30 or 5W-30 because that's the thinnest at cold/warm temperatures and will spread/libricate the internals easiest.

Generally speaking synthetic oils are superior to mineral oils because they lubricate engine internals better at cold temperatures.

I use Castrol Magnatech 10W-40 in my daily Civic, but it's only a semi-synthetic and cheap option. For you I'd consider Nulon 10W-40 or maybe a Penrite/Amsoil/Motul option.

it was me and my friends first time changing oil so maybe we did something wrong. we drained the old oil from the bottom and then just topped it up from the top. my engine has only done 92,000kms so im guessing it is still quite healthy. im planning to get a car maintenance service done at chasers motorworks soon since im getting kinda worried about it and luckily they do use motul oil too. does anyone know if they are any good?
    Last edited by The_Dream; 29-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    They're good but it's just oil so you should be able to manage yourself.

Jack car up, remove sump plug, remove top cap, and then remove oil filter (this is how I do it in that order anyway). Wait a while for drainage.

New filter in, 1/4 turn more once it's starts to grip so it's just firm and also use some new oil to lube the rubber seal. Plug back on, replace sump washer while you're at it. New oil from the top, volume as per workshop manual.