Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB View Post
    ...fwd. unless all show no go. but even then.
    lol the FD civics are slow unless your willing to spend a lot of money. So thus, im all show and no go
    StanceSlutz

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Go down the handling road or stance road with fds. Not much else to do

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Fd's are the BEST looking Honda. **** it if they are slow yo.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    Fd's are the BEST looking Honda. **** it if they are slow yo.

17x9 +38 fronts
    17x8 +32 rears
    ep3, dropped a fair biton tein type flex, guards rolled, rear camber kit

would i come across any problems with fitment?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 Civic FD2
    Hey guys i ordered in a set of 17x8 + 40 GTC01s. Cars lowered on Tein Htech springs. Would 215/45s be alright with no rub? or do i need to go like smaller? Because previously i had 17x8+40 with 225/45 and it rubed evrytime i ran over something little on the road. If someone can confirm for me it'd be much appreciated. THanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Hey guys, would +35 offset fit on stock height ep3 without modification?

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    it would be fine, the wheels will sit flush,

however if your going anywhere below +35 offset, you might want to consider rolling your guards,
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    on stock height it will fit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    17x9 +38 fronts
    17x8 +32 rears
    ep3, dropped a fair biton tein type flex, guards rolled, rear camber kit

would i come across any problems with fitment?
    What tyre sizes and camber are you planning on running?

Fronts you could probably get away with 235/45 or maybe even 245/40, depending on how much camber your at. Rears maybe 225/45 or 215/45 if the 225's are pushing it a bit. I was able to just tuck in 225/45 Advan A048, 17x7.5 +32's on the rear, with about -1.0 camber on the rear. Probably had maybe 3mm clearence to the guard lip inder full compression, maybe a few mm more.

The fronts you'll most likely have an issue with scrubbing at full lock. I had very light rubbing when I ran 245/40 A048's, 17x8 +38 on the fronts. It was only apparent when parking. On the track it was fine. The tyres tucked in fine at around -2.38 camber.

Depends on what width.

9" +35 would poke out a bit at stock height and look a bit odd. 8" and 7" wide at that offset would be fine.

Again depends on what size tyre you plan on running. Anything from 205/45 to 225/45 will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    What tyre sizes and camber are you planning on running?

Fronts you could probably get away with 235/45 or maybe even 245/40, depending on how much camber your at. Rears maybe 225/45 or 215/45 if the 225's are pushing it a bit. I was able to just tuck in 225/45 Advan A048, 17x7.5 +32's on the rear, with about -1.0 camber on the rear. Probably had maybe 3mm clearence to the guard lip inder full compression, maybe a few mm more.

The fronts you'll most likely have an issue with scrubbing at full lock. I had very light rubbing when I ran 245/40 A048's, 17x8 +38 on the fronts. It was only apparent when parking. On the track it was fine. The tyres tucked in fine at around -2.38 camber.

Depends on what width.

9" +35 would poke out a bit at stock height and look a bit odd. 8" and 7" wide at that offset would be fine.

Again depends on what size tyre you plan on running. Anything from 205/45 to 225/45 will be fine.
    thanks man

no way that wide, the tyres will be 215/45

just wanted to know rougly the amount of front and rear camber i needed to dial in and if there was anything prerquisite clearance work needed

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    thanks man

no way that wide, the tyres will be 215/45

just wanted to know rougly the amount of front and rear camber i needed to dial in and if there was anything prerquisite clearance work needed
    Ahh okay, 215/45's all round will be easy to work with then. I would dial in the camber to suit your driving. Normally I have max negative on the fronts and about -1.0 on the track. For street wheels I leave the front as is i.e. max negative and camber the rear to tuck in the wheel/tyres.

Only issues I see you might have is the length of your tie rods. As you introduce negative camber to the front. You may or may not run out of toe adjustments from your tie rods. Some EP's do, some don't. Also the previously mentioned scrubbing of the inner wheel well. Doing some quick math, you should be okay if your sticking to a 215/45.

Rear, with the width and offset plus tyre combo you stated you should be able to keep it close to 0 camber or even slightly negative if you wanted to.