Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC2R Questions

DC2R Questions

Hi guys first time posting so be gentle lol.

I'm the proud owner of a nighthawk black 2001 DC2 type r which I've now owned for a week it has 87,000 on the clock paid $17,500. I have a couple of questions.

1) is it worth getting a set of JDM headers? Where could I get some? I don't want an exhaust and am not tracking the car or modifying it.

2) is there a way to widen the bolsters on the recaros? I'm a big guy and there a bit tight.. I'm not fat just 6 foot 2 and 100kg lol. Or can anyone recommend some seats? It surprisingly has more head room than my vtir prelude

3) do all type r's have the little placard under the hand break with the build number?

4) what's the life expectancy of a stock type r engine if it hasn't been tracked or thrashed and full service history?

5) the old owner was using motul oil I think it is.. is it any good?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and one other thing.. the temperature gauge is playing up.. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :/ other than that the car is absolutely immaculate and haven't seen a tidier dc2 on the road in my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    1) Only headers will make no noticeable difference with stock exhaust, for difference in butt dyno get a full set up. Recommend the Mugen twin loop or Fujitsubo RMA01, nice quiet exhaust systems.
    2) Not much you can do about the seats, i have the same problem but u get use to it. You can try SR4 recaros they seem to be a bit wider.
    3) Yep all type r's have they own unique build plate
    4) An engines life expectancy is only as good as its maintenance. You have quite low k's so its good. But yeah no straight answer for that one..
    5) Look through some threads on here, plenty about oil. Everybody has their own views. Popular ones include; Redline, Royal Purple, Nulon etc..

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate the info. I don't want a loud droney exhaust as I will travel in it a bit. I take it twin loops keep the noise down? I was thinking maybe with headers and a cat it will improve things without the noise? End of the day they sound awesome with or without an exhaust I'm hoping the temp gauge issue is a simple thermostat replacement.

Just on the exhaust. I have a Fujitsubu Power Getter, with 4-2-1 header and this is what you can expect sound wise.

Very very quiet at idle, but sounds amazing when in VTEC, without any raspiness/farting and does not drone throughout the car ....I love it
    Last edited by infurNOS; 07-08-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Just on the exhaust. I have a Fujitsubu Power Getter, with 4-2-1 header and this is what you can expect sound wise.

Very very quiet at idle, but sounds amazing when in VTEC, without any raspiness/farting and does not drone throughout the car ....I love it

sounds awesome!! quite and roars!! nice combination! makes me think of getting the Power Getter for the fn2r nows! (Y) tops!!! 1+

Sounds awesome mate! However I'm concerned about the itr's high cruising revs and causing bad drone..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by nhawkdc2 View Post
    87,000 on the clock paid $17,500
    Baller!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Since you dont want a full loud catback,just get the best header you can and a nice high flow cat together with the oem catback will still get improvement

If you can afford it go Toda headers

Quote Originally Posted by nhawkdc2 View Post
    Sounds awesome mate! However I'm concerned about the itr's high cruising revs and causing bad drone..
    Then you bought the wrong car. Even without an aftermarket, it still a bit of a headache on the highway.
    EG

Then you bought the wrong car. Even without an aftermarket, it still a bit of a headache on the highway.
    Engine noise is not an issue. I love the sound i just don't want ear murdering drone.

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Since you dont want a full loud catback,just get the best header you can and a nice high flow cat together with the oem catback will still get improvement

If you can afford it go Toda headers
    That's my plan thanks