Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    looking great!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^thanks guys

Q's

Would an after market headers and 2.5inch exhaust system make any difference to the power / torque of the ODC? - in other words is it worth to do but using the oem muffler to maintain the noise levels quite?
    RB1-ODC

wah, really a big plan on your modding list...... i have a catback FGK for our K24A and sounds fun.
    hit me up/make an offer if you want any parts from mine. i'm in Syd and now sure how often your will come over.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by AusAccord View Post
    wah, really a big plan on your modding list...... i have a catback FGK for our K24A and sounds fun.
    hit me up/make an offer if you want any parts from mine. i'm in Syd and now sure how often your will come over.
    nah not really big plans just want it to flow and response better especially along the highway driving ..

also i dont want the noise to change. right now its all OEM quiteness and id like to maintain that noise levels. hence why ill retain the oem muffler and just change all the piping front header to back.

was even thinking of sourcing an Absolute ECU plug and play but dont know if our AUDM motors will cater the absolute ecu tune.
    RB1-ODC

hmm... interesting.... thought (i've never done any on my previous/current rides) header mod is the most noise on exhaust work.
    IMO, better not think about Absolute ecu to AUDM motor unless engine swap. need power -> bolt-on FI is the way to go

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by AusAccord View Post
    hmm... interesting.... thought (i've never done any on my previous/current rides) header mod is the most noise on exhaust work.
    IMO, better not think about Absolute ecu to AUDM motor unless engine swap. need power -> bolt-on FI is the way to go
    yeh i guess so .. no point for absolute ecu might as well just get kpro ftw! lol.

but nah im not going to go down that path ...probably just full 2.5inch exhaust to match the downpipe from the headers (as this is bigger in diameter than the rest of the piping).

***UPDATE***

Some parts arrived;

- K&N Drop in Filter,
    - 35W 6k HID

Parts to arrive soon;

- Interior white SMD kit
    - front parker & number plate SMD lights
    - 55w 6k HID kit
    - Modulo Roof spoiler

Parts waiting on back order;

- Mugen front grill
    - Modulo side skirts
    - HARD RACE rear camber kit
    - DS2500 front brake pads

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu there goes holiday funds
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Will it make the car perform better with a header and piping change will leaving the mufflers stock? There will still be exhaust restrictions at the mufflers. I don't think doing that will have any performance gains, but I don't know enough about these things cos I've not done a full IHE change.

The FGK exhaust AusAccord has is I think one of the quietest full catback systems based on a video I saw a few years ago. We have a thread on exhaust db levels

The Absolute ECU would have been tuned for the performance JDM (200bhp) K24A which has different internals to our economy K24A6 (160bhp). So getting the ECU without the engine is going to be a waste of time. HKS bolt on turbo kit for the Odyssey is the simplest way to increase performace.

Don't think KPro will work on our car, mostly I've seen Unichip Ver Q being used. From what I have heard Unichip+Exhaust+intake change will only increase HP by 15-20. But all this is based on reading what other people have written in forums.
    Last edited by evolution; 08-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    ***UPDATE***

Some parts arrived;

- K&N Drop in Filter,
    - 35W 6k HID

Parts to arrive soon;

- Interior white SMD kit
    - front parker & number plate SMD lights
    - 55w 6k HID kit
    - Modulo Roof spoiler

Parts waiting on back order;

- Mugen front grill
    - Modulo side skirts
    - HARD RACE rear camber kit
    - DS2500 front brake pads

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu there goes holiday funds
    Err not wanting to be a wet blanket, but you do know that HID's at that Kelvin perform really badly in rain and fog. Your foglights in normal conditions will be bright as hell and most prob blind on coming traffic, but will be useless in fog.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Err not wanting to be a wet blanket, but you do know that HID's at that Kelvin perform really badly in rain and fog. Your foglights in normal conditions will be bright as hell and most prob blind on coming traffic, but will be useless in fog.
    in my old ride i had 8k kelvin HID's on a non projector and that was blinding but performed well in the night and rain .. but our ODC's are projectors so i dont know what the outcome will be - once fitted then ill know. BUT yes you are right depending on how heavy the rain is any lights are bad unless your using yellow bulbs imo.

6K is not as bad as the 8K kelvin ..as ive test trialed both in my old ride, and found 6k whiter than 8k having a tab bluish effect which is shit. lol
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Will it make the car perform better with a header and piping change will leaving the mufflers stock? There will still be exhaust restrictions at the mufflers. I don't think doing that will have any performance gains, but I don't know enough about these things cos I've not done a full IHE change.

The FGK exhaust AusAccord has is I think one of the quietest full catback systems based on a video I saw a few years ago. We have a thread on exhaust db levels

The Absolute ECU would have been tuned for the performance JDM (200bhp) K24A which has different internals to our economy K24A6 (160bhp). So getting the ECU without the engine is going to be a waste of time. HKS bolt on turbo kit for the Odyssey is the simplest way to increase performace.

Don't think KPro will work on our car, mostly I've seen Unichip Ver Q being used. From what I have heard Unichip+Exhaust+intake change will only increase HP by 15-20. But all this is based on reading what other people have written in forums.
    yes i guess your right... whats the point of having a full exhaust and retaining the oem muffler . in saying that what is the FGK brand? i watched a youtube of another ODC with the HKS legamx and on idle he was revving it and it didnt sound too loud ..

hmmm might have to dig further into this before buying any exhaust parts as yet. Maybe just a header to CAT (replace oem CAT) and leave all catback oem. there will still be restrictions but as long as it runs abit better .
    RB1-ODC