Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    holy shit.... thats scary you just never know what lunatic you are going to get when you go out for a drive.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    used the car cam, for first time in a while.
    recorded 9:30min of footage, came to 1.6gb.
    or there abouts.

but I've loaded it with a bigger card, went to Havery Normans and grabbed a 16gb SD card.
    list price was $130, but i knew the go so i got it for cost, which was $15.
    dont want to insult oz_striker but the price seemed a bit extreme.

my one is pretty lame quality its alright but not for making movies, it captures my pimples however.
    But its kind of too bulky to have on the windscreen because the EG windscreen is quite sloped in so it doesn't fit near the bottom and i hate having stuff stuck to the windscreen in the center. so i stick it to my rear quarter window and face it forward.

but if u dont mind that, it has some nice features.
    motion detection record
    looping plus deleting old files
    Has infrared lights n that, and they turn on automatically.
    overall not bad.
    also some shades are lumped together as one, so a tree with multiple greens on it shows up as like 3 different shades and that seems to be the most green it can provide.
    but it helps keep the pixel count high and the size lower i guess.

My friends and I have thought about getting dash cameras ourselves but just too lazy to pull the trigger. I myself don't want a big thing on my windscreen lol. (Been watching too many fails on YouTube from dashcams).

About weapons in the car - I went on a road trip towards the end of last year with some friends to Rye and I thought about cutting up some mesh and sticking it in front of my car so the "army" of these giant bugs don't get stuck in my grille and radiator etc. Anyways, after cutting up the mesh, I threw my scissors at the bottom of my front passenger footwell and I just bought a breaker bar earlier that day too before heading off (left the breaker bar under my seat because I was in a rush).

Blah blah blah, I got to Rye, we were heading to the beach, as we turned into the parking lot, there was a crew of police officers getting in their cars with a camera crew. My car was fairly lowered so I was like fml. They came over, said my car was too low, did a search of my car, found the pair of scissors and breaker bar, brought it out and accused me of having them there as weapons.

Officer: Why do you have these in the front of your car?
    Me: I used the scissors to cut up the mesh for the ride here. I just bought that breaker bar.. I still got the tag on it, haven't even used it.
    Officer: Mate, I used to work in your area (Sunshine), I know what you guys are like (I'm Asian)!
    Me in my head: wtf?......... racist c*nt?
    Me: What? I have no intentions of using them as weapons, they were there because of this road trip.
    Officer: Alright now, you can stop lying. I'm not a fu(cking idiot. I can fine you right now on the spot for 1,000 for carry weapons

And it went on and I just ended up just saying ok, whatever... He didn't fine me but says if I do it in the future, I will get fined by others.. I was "lucky" he said.

Still copped a defect zzz lol

im thinking of doing a mass order of those blackvue dashcams that sit behind the rear view mirror. hardly intrusive. anyone know if any ozhonda forum'ers are interested?

Sensei I would be somewhat interested, but a bit later.
    The issue is it may become a target for theft

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    what price are you getting them at?

also thats racial profiling. i would of gone off my rocker!!
    unless your surrounded by a bunch of american pilots in 2001 i dont think anyones gonna be scared of your scissors...

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I ended up going with a 1080p Kodak PlayTouch for $40 from Catchoftheday

Will report back with results..

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    looks pretty good!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    How big is it? Looks smart phone sized?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quite small,has a tripod screw base also

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I figure it cant be any worse than the generic ebay ones for that price lol

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    dont forget to update us bawris
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre