Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Need help with brakes

Hey guys, I recently changed my brake pads (not on the CL9), and am having some issues with them. They're fine when slowing down, but it's only when coming to a halt, that is when the car slows down to around 10km/h that it suddenly bites hard. I find this very annoying, as I can't stop smoothly. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, while's changing the front pads, I lost the thin flat metal plate (shaped like the pads)that goes between the pads and the caliper. I had assumed that it was just a dust cover, so to even it out, I took the one off the other side as well. Would this have affect it?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    what pads did you use?
    no that wont affect it.
    that metal plate is a shim to reduce noise when braking.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    you just need to brake a little lighter lol had the car for long? and wat car?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Went to Bendix. Not sure which exact model though. It's a 99 V6 Camry, and I've had no problems since we bought it new. I was worse when I first put the new pads and rotor on but it's done 1000km now so it should have been worn in properly already. Doesn't matter how lightly you brake it's like that. Much like it makes some noise when we release the brakes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    were your discs in good condition when you fit the pads?? or were they warped??

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    ops didn't read properly so you changed you rotors and pads hmm Bendix usually do squeak i've seen plenty like that haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Lolz, yeah. Kinda disappointed with Bendix. And here everyone was telling me to go Bendix because their a trust worthy brand and all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    but does it perform?? if yes then dw lol almost all high performance car with good pads ans discs squeak haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Lolz, it works as well as the OEM ones, but their not performance pads to begin with. I mean it is a Camry after all, who needs performance pads on such a POS. The problem is that while slowing down, when you've slowed down to say 10km/h they suddenly grab harder, causing an abrupt halt, as well as the noise. Which is freaken annoying.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    What process did you go thru to bed in the new brakes? Are you sure that it is the front that is causing the extra bite?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Did you make sure you bleed the brakes properly?

Was there rust on/surrounding the pistons when you pushed them back to fit the new pads?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Pistons were dirty, so I brushed them out, but they were oiled so there wasn't any rust. Neither calipers has any signs of rust on them either. I bleed the brakes thoroughly though, as I hadn't bleed them the last time I changed the pads.