Member Array
    Car:
    ED6

Diesel Oil in Petrol Engine (D16Y4)

Hi guys,

I have heard this for a while now and just wondering if anyone on here has/had any feedback on using diesel oil in D16Y4 (EK1)

the reason behind this is, I do not wanna run engine oil flush in it, and I have heard that diesel oil contain more detergent which quite good to clean the engine

I'm doing oil change pretty much every 5000km and been using HPR10 since I own the civic. and looking at using diesel oil every now and then

any ideas or feedback or input ?

Cheers

Dont.

Use engine oil designed for a cars motor. Change it every 5000kms and change the oil filter every 10,000kms. This is sufficient to keep the motor "clean".

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    also fuel filter... alot of people tend to forget the fuel filter... when you change the oil.. use OEM.. much better then "branded" oils

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    I think it's a bit over kill to change fuel filter every time the oil filter and oil changed. normally, I do it every 5000-7000km

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by subie View Post
    I think it's a bit over kill to change fuel filter every time the oil filter and oil changed. normally, I do it every 5000-7000km

cheers
    fuel filter should be every 40-50k or so. No longer !

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Youve got an EK1 (an economy car, not a performance car) and youre using HPR10 (a good quality oil), you should be able to go with 10k oil change intervals at minimum.

If anything, id do the opposite of what Ben said, and change the filter every 5k, and the oil every 10k.

Changing the oil and not the filter at 5k just means all your fresh oil is going through a dirty filter. Do it the opposite, and your dirty (relatively speaking) oil goes through a nice fresh filter.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by void- View Post
    when you change the oil.. use OEM.. much better then "branded" oils
    Did you know OEM oil is just caltex?

Supercheap sell the same stuff in their "Calibre" brand, called "Formula 30". Exact same specs, also caltex. 5.5L for like $28.

So it would appear that it's actually a "branded oil" too, possibly a cheaper one that honda have beefed up the price on.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Da9 does that only apply to engine oils?
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Da9 does that only apply to engine oils?
    as far as I know. the engine oils from honda say "caltex" on the back and used to have the star on the cap. although I haven't seen it on the transmission oils or other fluids yet.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I've heard of people using petrol to flush the oil. Before you do an oil service, put done petrol in, drive sensibly around for like 5 to 10 minutes. Then change oil and filter as normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    put 1 litre of diesel engine oil in and the rest shitty oil, use that to flush, and drain, then put your good oil in
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    I've heard of people using petrol to flush the oil. Before you do an oil service, put done petrol in, drive sensibly around for like 5 to 10 minutes. Then change oil and filter as normal.
    Diesel fuel is what most old school guys use. Only need about 300ml and it works wonders, but if you are using HPR10, don't bother with engine flush, just do as trism said, replace filter every 5,000km & engine oil every 10,000km if you are overly anal about keeping your engine fresh
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8