Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    What about RWD french cars?
    This is the only one that comes to mind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault..._Renault_Sport

It's also one of the less-ugly French cars around, as I said to the OP. It still looks tacky, though, like you buy it pre-riced. In general, modern French cars are just... ugly. Something about the styling is always off. People may call Honda boring, nowadays, which is true. But at least they aren't this ugly.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    I have to agree completely Indie
    part time potato

I just saw this and wow most of you guys are so biased. Its unbeliavable!
    No offence but...
    For the past few decades Renault Sport has been making one of the best and if not the best hot hatches and thats proven. Renault 5 Turbo?? Where was Honda at that time?
    Megane R26.R beat the FWD record around the ring few years ago and now the newer model RS265 smashed it.
    And dont start with the realibility bull... a car will treat you right if YOU treat it right.
    Surely they dont make the best looking cars but neither are the current shape Honda's. Just like you we all learn to love them at the end of the day

Dont get me wrong though, I love Type R's. Have a lot of respect for them. Have driven a couple s2000's and Dc2R's and the things i have read about them were all true

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I kinda feel sorry for this guy..

it kind of is the wrong forum for him.. but still..

I am personally a fan of the Clio and Megane. But of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rado View Post
    And dont start with the realibility bull... a car will treat you right if YOU treat it right.
    I disagree. Are you suggesting that people who buy french cars generally don't look after them as well? I think not.

It's to do with design flaws.

My dad's car for example has a coolant hose that comes too close enough to the block. Known to fry itself and spit coolant. Learned this the hard way. The water bottle also shat itself because the material brittles over time (it's only 10 years). Are you suggesting that every car owner needs to spend their time proactively looking for common faults and undergo preventative maintenance regularly?

IMO if you have to do that then it's no longer a reliable car
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    dont know what these fanboys are talking about. Renault engineering is quite good,they had some good ideas! The engines might be rubbish but suspension and handling wise they do quite well. Like how in the 1960's reno 5 they put the front wheels/steering rack after the engine.

http://www.renault4.co.uk/gordini-en...-bay-large.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    dont know what these fanboys are talking about. Renault engineering is quite good,they had some good ideas! The engines might be rubbish but suspension and handling wise they do quite well. Like how in the 1960's reno 5 they put the front wheels/steering rack after the engine.

Why continue arguing?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post

everyone's had their great ideas, how does that compare to vtak in terms of cleverness?
    Last edited by curtis265; 20-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Honda created FR. Serious. The founder's (Soichiro Honda) brother Dolan Honda created the first FR machine. 46 Litre V12.

Last edited by PHO; 20-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    everyone's had their great ideas, how does that compare to vtak in terms of cleverness?
    But cam wigets haven been around for decades before VTEC. Pretty sure it was an Italian invention by either fiat or Alfa Romeo.

Honda was the first to commercially offer hybrids tho. HYBIRDS.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 21-09-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i was being a fanboy
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i was being a fanboy
    Didn't catch that... D'oh!
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars