Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    EURO IMO.

Bigger engine, more room etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    type s, IMO they are better looking, are fairly quick and suite a working person. Unless its a family car, type s is best

Hey guys thanks for all the replies, the car is my daily and its usually only taking me to and from work, I do about 550km highway, and cruise around down to the shops or to a pub on weekends etc.

Might pick up a friend every now and again, rarely use my car for family events as we usually go in my old mans car.

What are the headlights like on the Type S? I leave in the dark at the mornings and I've got a pair of 100W spotties on my Focus to keep an eye on roos, I wouldn't go to that extent on a Type S though, it was bastard enough mounting them on my Focus.
    Last edited by Big Damo; 03-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    euro will be better for sure,type s is very cramp interior and not comfortable for long drive each day as u doing
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Hey Damo,
    I can help you. I own a Type S and my dad owns a '10 Euro Luxury. I do about 400km a week in my Type S main road high way driving, it's pretty good, although at 100km/h it's revving at 3000rpm, so it can get a bit noisy. Putting nice tyres on reduces the noise (I've got Pirelli P7s on).
    The Type S is definitely sportier, although that being said the Euro is no slouch either when it's revving. The only thing is dirt roads, I haven't very often driven on dirt roads with the integra but when I do I hate it. I'd much prefer the Euro over the integra for those kind of roads.
    For winding mountains though I would prefer the Integra, nothing like it going through bends. The Euro will just feel that tiny bit heavier and bigger.
    In summary, Type S can pass as a cruiser but if that was all i was doing, I would prefer the Euro. For sporty driving the Type S beats it hands down, but the Euro is still nice when your revving the engine. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the cars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    The Type S / DC5 Is i no way a cramp interior, the dash is far forward and not in your face!!! WItha type s the leather seats are even more relaxed and the type r Recaros...

With the type s though, please cater for an extra $1000-2000 to lower it as stock standard it is insanely high, for a sports car.

If you take only 1 person most of the time, the type s is still great.... the back seats, its not as bad as other 2 door cars.. being 184/6 foot tall, i cna stay back there and not complain!

Quote Originally Posted by funworld View Post
    2) I would imagine that the type s handles a lot better than the euro ... though someone else would have to comment here because I have never driven a euro to the limits I've driven my type s
    Actually if stock, the Type S has the advantage obviously with more aggressive suspension parts and tuning from factory. However the scope of suspension tuning is limited by the Macpherson front means that the DC5S isn't as compliant over rough/undulating surfaces as the Euro. It is also quite difficult to get big increases in suspension performance without going extreme making it a pain to your pelvis. The usual stiffer = better doesn't work with Macpherson, it will float over bump(s) and cause you all kinds of pain. CL9/CU2 suspension tuning wise more like the EG/EK, you can afford to go stiff without destroying your body. In fact if you've watched HV, Bros CL9 beat both tuned EP3Rs and DC5Rs on the Gunsai Touge if that is any indication. Also Ichishima Sama abandoned developing kits for both the EP3R and DC5R finding it impossible to get the quality he was after.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra DC2
    Ofcourse type S!!!XD lighter faster, looks much better!!! Also, Oz DC5 type S is faster than DC5R 10 hp lol
    VTEC just kick in YO!!

dc5S is not faster then an accord euro. thats just stupid.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by stm20021015 View Post
    Ofcourse type S!!!XD lighter faster, looks much better!!! Also, Oz DC5 type S is faster than DC5R 10 hp lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rahimdubloo View Post
    dc5S is not faster then an accord euro. thats just stupid.
    You're a dumbass as he said it is faster than a dc5r... not sure where he syated accord euro mate.