Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    with 17x9 +35 from what I read u can push to 235 profile tyres going by a US member told me but like reckless said u will need to extremey roll your guards and run alot of camber.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    my bad, 9+22 will clear, but JUST clears, bit too close for my comfort though, even on evo brembos

Oh okay Thanks mate!, so would the 9 +35 clear a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    I see alot of fail in this thread... ep3 dont run evo brembo so why is there conparison between 9j22 clearing evo brembo and ab ep3r.. there is no correlation.

9j22 will fit an ep3r but i believe the you cant go any bigger than a 225/45/17 tyre unless you want to run camber -4 or more. I think with the wheel specs above and a 225/45.. u will need -2.5 to -3 in addition to rolleed guards
    Ah dayum okay, I dont want to run alot of camber maybe -1 to -2 max. Would it be better to go to 17x8.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    with 17x9 +35 from what I read u can push to 235 profile tyres going by a US member told me but like reckless said u will need to extremey roll your guards and run alot of camber.
    Alrighty cheers Perry! Guess I should drop to 17x8.5

Member Array
    Car:
    93' EG5
    Heres some pictures of 17x9 +35, hope it helps!

245/40 and 3 degrees camber front and rear

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3

17x9 +35 (Front)
    17x8 +38 (Rear)

See http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3020208

Cheers guys!

I've decided to go with a 17x9 +22 Fronts and 17x8.5 +30 rears for the concave up front! The BYP sponsored EP3 helped me finalise my decision

Thanks again to everybody who posted!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    May I ask why didn't you just run 17x9 +22 all round? Just curious?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by EGG5 View Post
    Cheers guys!

I've decided to go with a 17x9 +22 Fronts and 17x8.5 +30 rears for the concave up front! The BYP sponsored EP3 helped me finalise my decision

Thanks again to everybody who posted!
    Hope you're prepared to run negative camber, stretched tyres and also rolling your guards!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    May I ask why didn't you just run 17x9 +22 all round? Just curious?
    Read that the front have much more clearance room than the rears and also I didnt want too much poke on the rears. Would it be better to run 17x9 +22 all round?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    Hope you're prepared to run negative camber, stretched tyres and also rolling your guards!
    Haha Ill try and fiddle around with the settings and see how I go. Regarding the tyres, what tyre size are we talking about? 215/45s? I was hoping for a 225-235/40 fronts and 215/45 rears

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Haha Ill try and fiddle around with the settings and see how I go. Regarding the tyres, what tyre size are we talking about? 215/45s? I was hoping for a 225-235/40 fronts and 215/45 rears
    Depends on how much camber you run. If you only want -2 degrees then I doubt you'd be able to get 235 without scrubbing. You'll defintiely need to roll the guards though. Also depends on how low your car is.

Depends on how much camber you run. If you only want -2 degrees then I doubt you'd be able to get 235 without scrubbing. You'll defintiely need to roll the guards though. Also depends on how low your car is.
    Oh okay, with -2 degrees and lowered to ~110mm off the ground(just above minimum legal height) will it fit a 225 easily? I dont want TOO much tyre stretch. Yeah I will definitely be rolling the guards

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Oh okay, with -2 degrees and lowered to ~110mm off the ground(just above minimum legal height) will it fit a 225 easily? I dont want TOO much tyre stretch. Yeah I will definitely be rolling the guards
    Should be able to get away with it. Might have to trim the plastic fender lining though.

Should be able to get away with it. Might have to trim the plastic fender lining though.
    Alright cool! Thanks again for all your help Symphorced!