Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 lux

Integra dc5 headlights constantly blowing!!!

Hey fellas
    Firstly, thanks for the great info on this site, Iv been reading articles for ages but never really bothered to sign up :P

Anyway heres my problem, I got an Integra Dc5 Luxury and my headlights are constantly blowing!! Ive tried the cheap versions from supercheap auto, tried $120 phillips type but they all blow after a couple of months
    Is this a common problem?? Is there anything im doing wrong whilest changing them?
    Btw only 1 would blows up at a time, not both at once.

Don't touch the globe with your bare fingers while handling them. The oil in your fingers will shorten the globe life.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I would start by checking that all the ground wiring are good contact with the chassis.

secondly, Check that all your fuses are not damaged or deformed in anyway.

I had a similar problem awhile back and it turned out to be the fuse itself. It was a defect and allowed way tooo much power to the headlights.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i agree check your grounds and wiring in generall ill also put down that at peugeot the h7 genuine globes are apparently rated to withstand higher amps then standard. of cause i have no way to prove this or know that honda are doing this as well but just food for thought...
    oh and welcome btw
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    alternator could be playing up and overcharging the system (voltage too high or spikes between low and high), or your battery could be on its way out. Headlights are usually the first to pick up on stuff like that.
    If you have a multimeter handy, check the voltage at the battery with both the car on (14volts ish) and off (12.5v ish). Then while the car is running bring the revs up to about 2k rpm and check again, should NEVER be past 15v.

Also with globes, cheapies and the high output globes dont last as long as OEM replacement globes. try the phillips or osram standard globes, nothing flash in terms of light output but they work.