Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 B16a

HELP! B16A2 Right wheel spinning when Idling in neutral (On stands)

Hey everyone

Its the LEFT wheel. I dont know how to edit thread title lol

So today I did a full coolant flush on my ek.
    When the car was jacked up and I had the engine on to clean out the existing coolant I noticed my right wheel was spinning and wasnt stopping.
    I could stop it by holding it but when i let go it would start slowly spinning again :S
    By no surprise when I put in the clutch it would stop aswell but when released it would start spinning again.

Something to note is a cricket/chirping noise coming from my gear box that only stops when I apply little pressure on the clutch or just fully engage it.

Any ideas guys? This has me abit worried.
    Last edited by ek Silva; 08-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    The noise sounds like the clutch release bearing. Not hard to fix, but you have to take the box off. Which is either a PITA, or expensive to pay someone to do.

I'm pretty sure that a wheel moving a bit is normal, due to viscous effects of the transmission fluid. As long as its not actually spinning fast I wouldn't worry.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 B16a
    Quote Originally Posted by sebtoombs View Post
    The noise sounds like the clutch release bearing. Not hard to fix, but you have to take the box off. Which is either a PITA, or expensive to pay someone to do.

I'm pretty sure that a wheel moving a bit is normal, due to viscous effects of the transmission fluid. As long as its not actually spinning fast I wouldn't worry.
    Im fine with Doing it myself I just dont know where to get the part from.

With the wheel spinning it isnt just slowly it fully spins at a steady rate. Its just got me confused because its only one wheel lol.
    Last edited by ek Silva; 08-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 B16a
    Also if im changing this clutch release bearing shouldnt I just get a new clutch and replace that while im at it?
    Googling the part only came up with new clutches that come with the bearing.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    yeah to get to the bearing, gotta take out the whole transmission. I would change clutch while everything is in pieces

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    WTF? the wheel spinning is completely normal as said above.
    If you had an LSD gearbox, both wheels would have spun.
    You're thinking too much into it.

Member Array
    Its normal, stop the wheel and other side should spin a little with some persuasion. The noise is release bearing, nothing to worry about until it gets louder then engine, can usually wait until you have enough money for clutch too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    It may not be the release bearing. It could possibly be a noisy spiggot bearing
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 B16a
    Im at ease with the wheel spinning now hahah

With the chirping noise the best way to describe it is a high pitch cricket noise.
    Its pretty loud and noticeable to people that I drive past.
    If I rest my foot on the clutch pedal with the slightest amount of pressure it goes away.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    You can buy release bearings etc by themselves, just go to an auto parts spare store.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Yeah you can buy them separately, but if you're even thinking about doing the clutch in the next say year or two I'd do it all at once. Any auto parts store should be able to get one in for you. Alternatively there are some websites (all US based) that stock just about every OEM part under the sun and you can order from them.

Oh and like stndrd said, it may end up not being the release bearing. But if its not, its a more difficult problem.