Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: b18c build!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    We sell both Helical & Plate type LSD's from H.Drive racing, along with different Final Drives if you are interested. Can also supply you with Bisimoto Engineering engine components. PM for further details
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    thanks mate

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Stick with the b18c2 since you'll be rebuilding it. Saves you a nice amount of money for other Go Fast parts.

10:1 to 11:1 is a good compression for a turboed b18 street car.

LSD will do wonders, so a definite tick for LSD. As for gear ratios, it really depends on what you want out of the setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyando View Post
    so basically buy a b18c2 (also alot cheaper) and upgrade the gearbox??? where can i find parts for the box?
    Mfactory sell them, if it is daily, i suggest you to get the helical LSD, the 1.5 way clutch LSD i got is so noisy.
    sounds like a broken CV when turning at low speed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    ive been looking around and most b18c2 have alot!! of k's on them so it seems to be driving me back to the b18cr because alot of them have much less km on them if anyone knows of anyone with a low km b18c2 can u plz let me know and also the 15kw difference is this something to do with the head being ported better or??? where is the power gain coming from??

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you plan on rebuilding for foced induction, what does it matter how many km are on it. I can guarantee that the engines with "only 8x,xxx" km on them really dont. You have no physical evidence to say it does., only the sellers word.

B18c2 as mentioned is a better base for boost anyway, so why not save money on buying the engine so you can spend it on rebuild goodies
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyando View Post
    ive been looking around and most b18c2 have alot!! of k's on them so it seems to be driving me back to the b18cr because alot of them have much less km on them if anyone knows of anyone with a low km b18c2 can u plz let me know and also the 15kw difference is this something to do with the head being ported better or??? where is the power gain coming from??
    The 20hp difference is because the porting and also balancing of the engine.
    In addition, the b18c7 intake manifold gives u more top end power.
    However they r not interchangeable due to the bolts patten.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    money isnt really to much of a factor... is there any good honda wreckers around brissy (even tho it 1000km away its still the closet major city to where i am)