Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: b18c

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG

b18c

Hey guys i own a eg civic breeze (1.3L) engine, if i wanted to do a b18c2 or b18c7 conversion would i need an engineering cert ? or anything else? if so how much would it cost ??

yes you would, 1300cc to 1800cc is an increase greater than 15% of original motor specs. will need engineering and then blueslip to register the engine to the car. Costs vary depending on the mods you do, eg. bigger brakes bucket seats strut bars sway bars etc. probably end up being $800-1000 for everything haha
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    1k for the engine , cert, efi conversion ? I think not. Engine and associated parts 1.5-2k including disposables like oils belts and pumps. Installations would depend on the person , then accessories such as seats and brakes etc . I would safely say more like 4k all up

It is a hihh estimate but remember about small things like pads rotors fluids and thebefi conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    This will easily cost you 4k+
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

You also need efi wiring, fuel tank and lines since your going from carby to electronic fuel injection

Would definetely need engineering cert
    I'd say 6k give or take dependent on transmission used and engine and on top of that the labour work and engineering

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you are in melbourne you can get away with registering a b series to an eg without an engineers. I have done it at least 4 or 5 times for customers
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    not worth doing on a carby...way to costly!

easier go on gumtree or ebay find a fuel injected one and do it .

but yes you need a engineering cert or that new name they call it now
    B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Start on the 1.6L variants. Save the hassles.

All you gota do then is, upgrade the front brakes from the same car as engine donor, aleast VTiR teggy brakes.

Then go for a simple bluey, just say you need to update the engine numbers @ rta. Mech will have a quick look around to make sure everything is done safely aka the harness, mounts, if the motor was stolen or dodgy. Take it for a drive and test brakes and your home sweet.

Done it to my eg4. Very simple and P plater legal.
    Last edited by amant02; 16-10-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG
    It's my first car so i really don't wanna let it go haha. I'm Happy to pay 4-5k MAX. I've also got a family member who is a mechanic so labour costs won't be as much . Plus its so hard to find a clean EG in NSW .
    How much would a 1.6 variant cost roughly?

thanks for the help guys

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search....archid=2793101

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search....archid=2793105

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search....archid=2793108

Have a read through them, and youll find plenty of info regarding your questions.

But the general concensus is, dont bother doing a carby to efi swap.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Why everyone says carby to efi is too costly or hard?
    I did mine and it costed me extra $500 for the additional parts and $200 more on labour (re-wiring) 4 years ago in Perth when no shop really knows how or wants to do thT in wa!

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    remember that the new regulation states that u cant go over 15% increase in capacity and power output so a c7 in a vti wont happn
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud