Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    red top is better than black top
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by sammutn90 View Post
    yea true man but isnt the c2 box and type r pretty much the same ratio
    LOLOLOL

the dc2r rips through gears much quicker than the c2 man. thats probably one of the biggest differences between the two! if your planning on tracking, id suggest either switching the final drive or a dc2r box.

and if your a badass, get 4.9 fd.
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 20-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Well an ITR box you're looking at probably $1,200-1,500 and will have no idea what it's condition is like.

I'd be tempted to use your C2 box and put in an LSD + final drive because at least you know the condition of the gears.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    But it's not a Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    But it's not a Type R
    Aint a tight car if it aint a type r
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The acceleration is definetly noticable, the c2 2nd and 3rd ratios are quite long.

Integra vtir with dc2r gearbox

Integra vtir with the gay stock gearbox

My advice would be definetly have a good gearbox if you're planning to track, change the clutch and flywheel while your at it too.

Apart from that Dougie has pretty much nailed the topic so I'd lean more to his advice, this man knows his Hondas
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Interesting videos. You can really spot the difference. A 4.9FD or higher would really help out

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Interesting videos. You can really spot the difference. A 4.9FD or higher would really help out
    It depends on what gearbox though, the 4.9FD sometimes slows down a car at a certain track. It depends where the FD application is needed. Mountain racing the 4.9FD would be an advantage because the gears are shorter and you will get more acceleration? Or should it be faster at any part of a circuit?

I'm not entirely sure on this, it's just that I have seen my friends experience from a stock b16 non LSD gearbox, rebuilt to 4.9FD and LSD and the lap-times I was expecting that he would probably get was actually slower than his original PB times. Maybe there was something wrong with his setup or something, but even with LSD around a track it should've been a bit better like anyone would guess.

However look at this example, the 1996 spec JDM Integra came with the 4.4FD gearbox, whilst the new 1998 spec came with the 4.7FD gearbox.

What will the outcome with the 4.9FD will be lets say on the 1998 spec gearbox? I'm guessing the 96spec should take the win because he has better power through the slightly larger gears. Or maybe I'm totally confused haha

I'll try to research more though but it would be better if someone could share their honest experience on this.
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 20-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    teamGROUNDzero

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It's like a multiplier. Faster acceleration but lower top speeds. It would sort of 'shorten' all the C2 gears so at a fast track with long straights it wouldn't allow for the best top speed. Highway driving might be 3,300-3,500 at 100kmph etc.

But for most daily driving (entertaining), mountain runs and slower tracks with more cornering it would be beneficial you'd think.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    use talk like itll drastically reduce top speed, which is bullshit. As if ull get anywhere near your topspeed on a track be it 4.4 or 4.9, unless uve got some big power.

With my k20 my top speed was 260, I put a 5.1 in, now I do about 240. Id need to be at nurburg or fuji speedway to get anywhere near my top speed lol.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    use talk like itll drastically reduce top speed, which is bullshit. As if ull get anywhere near your topspeed on a track be it 4.4 or 4.9, unless uve got some big power.

With my k20 my top speed was 260, I put a 5.1 in, now I do about 240. Id need to be at nurburg or fuji speedway to get anywhere near my top speed lol.
    Haha if you put it that way bro,

Thanks Dougie I was probably over exaggerating or thinking some shit. But good to understand it a little better I guess .
    teamGROUNDzero

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post

^ what he said..

btw are you on like 5000 rpm in 6th going 100km/h? loll