Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted

ITR JDM Hub on EK GLI

Hey guys

I just wanted to know if i get a JDM CV Shaft passenger side will the end that goes into the gear box be the same size or because its a 36mm the end where the hub is it has some effect that they decide to make the end that goes into the gear box bigger as well?

hope that make sense ?
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    they are the same size throughout the b series box only the outer length and thickness change
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    My gli is a d motor and box
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    you will have to swap the inners if u have a fair understanding ill explain it bus simplt remove the boot remove the bearings undo the circlip that holds it on the spline and swap the d series from ur gli onto the other shaft
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Too much effort getting jdmitr driveshafts to fit, best to go local wreckers and find a driveshaft suited to your car, everything after that should be basically plug and play
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by SU-WOOP View Post
    you will have to swap the inners if u have a fair understanding ill explain it bus simplt remove the boot remove the bearings undo the circlip that holds it on the spline and swap the d series from ur gli onto the other shaft
    I attemped to buy a 36mm outer CV but the shaft spine is smaller on my cv so it wont fit into the outer cv of the 36mm, if i got the way with changing the whole cv 36 mm and changing the inner with my one is the spine going to be the same size ?
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Isn't it a bad idea to run two different sized driveshafts?

Unbalanced.. possible vibrations?

Look at swapping the hub to 32mm (non JDM)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    I try to do that witt the outter but the spine on the d axle was heaps smaller than the new 36mm outter will that be the case with with inner as well ?

I'm looking at going to buy a itr non jdm hub called around but no one has one any idea where I can get one
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Quote Originally Posted by SU-WOOP View Post
    if u have time stop by my shop and ill make them for you. simple
    Please pm me your details or call me 0488999777 I'm out and about right now trying to get it done no one seams to know
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Boosted
    Ok So Changing the outter shaft didnt work, the overall CV shaft ended up been about 6cm longer and couldn't bolt it back up

any idea SU WOOP suggested using a CRV hub but isn't that also a 36mm not a 32 ? only because I dont a quick search and it came up as people using the CRV setup and changing the outter CV to a 36mm.

help me
    Boosted DC2 Sleeper

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    so car is ek1, running d series, with jdm itr 5 lugs?
    and you need to replace the passenger shaft? why?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

someone sold him 1 jdm hub (36mm) and 1 audm 32mm hub