Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    whats the point in doing that? some people go and look at a car visually and test drive before they organise to have mechanical inspections etc. only after those are cleared do they pay a deposit. people dont walk around with thousands in cash when they're not ready to place deposit on the day even if they are genuine buyers

and its a 15 year old honda, not a lambo
    Have to agree here CB

I really dislike this idea of 'must put deposit for test drive'.

Testdriving is part of the decisionmaking process for purchase,you could be looking at 15 cars before buying,are you going to drop a deposit on them all for driving evaluation..its ridiculous imo

You may ask for the persons license to hold while they go for a drive if you dont trust them but you would be going with them anyway if you have any sense

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    have to agree with ekvtir-t
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    have to agree with na-118
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Lol @ " car is NOT on revs..."

The backyard repairer must of failed to inform the relevant insurance companies and state transit authority ?!

Btw when I sell a car , I don't let the person drive it , I take it for a thrash with them in the passenger seat. If they like it , they take e next step and put a deposit down then get to test
    That's it, when I'm taking them for a drive, I'm also never shy to push it, nothing to hide about to the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    guys he wanted a $1000 deposit wouldnt take less than 13K wouldnt let me test drive it radiator was leaking body repairs were dodgy but wasnt on revs wouldnt meet me at his house wanted to show car at bunnings like wtf? i ended up buying the one with more klms not on revs been repaired properly and was 11k

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    on a side note - i don't think it's unfair to ask not to meet at your house. i sold 3 cars, and not once did i agree to meet at my house. fact is, when i transfer it you will have my address, full name and you already have a mobile number. so until you buy it, sorry but you don't get to see where it sleeps. i think that's fair. (for the record, all 3 were picked up from my house when the buyer came back with money after price was agreed.)

Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    on a side note - i don't think it's unfair to ask not to meet at your house. i sold 3 cars, and not once did i agree to meet at my house. fact is, when i transfer it you will have my address, full name and you already have a mobile number. so until you buy it, sorry but you don't get to see where it sleeps. i think that's fair. (for the record, all 3 were picked up from my house when the buyer came back with money after price was agreed.)
    Agreed, when I went to sell my car, I had some dodgy people asking when would I be free, we'd arrange a few inspections but they'd come up with some sort of excuse, and try to ask when I would be free again. Almost like they simply wanna know where the car sleeps and do something dodgy while I'm at work or something.

Quote Originally Posted by khanguskhan View Post
    That's it, when I'm taking them for a drive, I'm also never shy to push it, nothing to hide about to the car.
    if this was the case, wouldnt you drive like a bitch so they think you've never given it the beans and car is in mint condition mechanical-wise?
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    if this was the case, wouldnt you drive like a bitch so they think you've never given it the beans and car is in mint condition mechanical-wise?
    Probably meant to, but then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night LOL. DC2R anyone that believes in the never hit vtec bullcrap can go eat a d*ck.

Hang on, but 'religiously' servicing it after every hit of V-Tech makes up for it right?

i dunno... when i was checkin cars out and the owner would mention the word "performance", i'd get iffy thinkin he'd been hittin too much vtec down prinny
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

So you'd rather an owner that lies to you that he hits vtec once a year max? lol TBH, its really hard to tell just give the vehicle a full inspection is the best I guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I know what CB is saying. When someone says something like "amazing performance, a true sports car", I worry about just how much performance he's been squeezing out of it, especially when I see that it's had a "brand new Exedy heavy duty clutch" installed.