Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Yea I know what he's saying as well, I'm just saying that as a seller, if they choose to they can avoid saying such things. I'd like to believe that I'm more genuine in my approaches, but yea I'm very surprised at brand new clutches at 120k km. My dc2r just hit 130k km, clutch still bites perfect. I got a spare clutch ready to go in, but I don't think I need it for at least another 40k+ km. Probably cause I drive like a bitch though don't know how to squeeze my car LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by khanguskhan View Post
    Agreed, when I went to sell my car, I had some dodgy people asking when would I be free, we'd arrange a few inspections but they'd come up with some sort of excuse, and try to ask when I would be free again. Almost like they simply wanna know where the car sleeps and do something dodgy while I'm at work or something.
    had exactly the same thing happen to me the first car i sold, learnt my lesson quickly. then i was selling a car once for a VERY good price, needed it gone quick as it was a temp car and i was ready to buy the car i'd been saving for. had one guy ring me up and say he wants to see it. i said meet me at x. he said no i want to see it at your house. i said i'm not selling the house, meet me at x to see the car. he arked up, i lost my sh*t and hung up. rang me 3 days later, felt so good to be able to say 'sorry f@g, car sold.' true story. in other news, i cbf studyiiiiiiiiing .

Yea, all sorts of messed up people in the world, people that are willing to steal your shit, ruin your life, savings to buy car components. Hate that shit, ahhahaah no one wants to study!!

ooh gives me stuff to think about... ive sold two cars, both times let them come see it at my house. both were L platers keen on their first car and no dodgy shit!
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    charliebrown, i'm not saying that if you let people see your cars at your house they will pull sh*t. but simply put, there is no reason to let them see it at your house, as once they decide to buy it they will have all your details anyway and if they like you can hand over the keys at your house.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    charliebrown, i'm not saying that if you let people see your cars at your house they will pull sh*t. but simply put, there is no reason to let them see it at your house, as once they decide to buy it they will have all your details anyway and if they like you can hand over the keys at your house.
    That's *if* they have the intention of buying it. If they're only out to pull some dodgy shit on you it won't matter if your address and details are down on paper, since they're not even gonna buy it in the first place the papers wouldn't even exist.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Well, I made some comments in the sale thread, and he said the following:

"There are no welds, chassis is straight, seals are untouched and radiator support is untouched ..
    A passenger door repair is hardly a massive accident.
    The report inspection says "exhaust too big and clutch worn"
    The car has a stock exhaust system and the clutch was replaced 2 years ago, less than 15000mm old, does not slip at all - go figure
    I never asked for a 1k deposit. Buyers inspect the car and we take it from there. I offer all prospective buyers a ride in the passenger seat.
    Radiator leaking?
    Great trolling and speculations

Ahh wells .. Believe what u wanna believe"

...before closing the thread, claiming "haters gonna hate". I think you definitely busted some dodgy shit, so nice work guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    the seller wanted a 1k deposit minimum and the radiator had all dried up coolant where its joined on top ,scratches everywhere body filler cracking on thee door corners 1 guard was painted shit no orange peel whatso ever

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    the seller wanted a 1k deposit minimum and the radiator had all dried up coolant where its joined on top ,scratches everywhere body filler cracking on thee door corners 1 guard was painted shit no orange peel whatso ever

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Feels good to know atleast someone on this forum isn't going to buy it!!

If only we could post it up on car sales ={

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    guys he wanted a $1000 deposit wouldnt take less than 13K wouldnt let me test drive it radiator was leaking body repairs were dodgy but wasnt on revs wouldnt meet me at his house wanted to show car at bunnings like wtf? i ended up buying the one with more klms not on revs been repaired properly and was 11k
    Just curious, did you buy that DC2R recently? I swear your DP looks exactly like a type r I was going to look at LOL XD

So thankful that I stumbled across this thread. I just gave the guy a call yesterday (he didnt agree to my price though) and was willing to go from Adelaide to Sydney to check the car. Thanks guys, greatly appreciated.