Thread: a big hi to all

Member Array
    Car:
    cr-v 2001

Red face a big hi to all

hi guys and gals just got my first honda cr-v 2001 2ltr auto a real good fixer up erer
    being new to this forum i just wanted to say hello and ask what some of you will proberly find stupid questions ,but like i said im new so be nice .
    question 1 tyres whats better for low road noise brigdestone duellers /perrelli tooras or yokos a/t geolanders all give or take a few bucks are the same price ! all get the good rap for wear etc etc but how can tell me whats the best for the cr-v.
    question 2 timming belt change book says 160000 (its a b20b 2ltr dohc motor)sounds a long time my last car was a opel vectra thiers are 60,000 whats the guys in the know say.
    thanks chat with you all later

Moderator - here to help Array
    Hi there, i may be late to answer but anyway for Q1 youre better off asking a tyre shop to get your answer. They can help you more than we could. As for Q2, different manufacturers have different recommendations. Just stick to what honda says when to change the timing belt.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    cr-v 2001

tyres

yer thanks got some good tips from another crv forum ,checked them out and finally i went with the yoko;s geolanders suv ,very quite and got a good deal from bob jane of all places 4tyres and front and rear wheel alignment for $700 with a full rotate and alignment at 3 months free ,thats not a bad deal after the extensive ring around i did q2 honda says every 100k for timing belt ,mine mite have been done i get honda to check it when i get the auto serviced next month .
    thanks for the reply not a lot of replies on this site

Moderator - here to help Array
    I dont think there are many crv drivers on here thats why.. Best of luck with your car though
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Yer i got a 1999 CRV. Im running 16's And tire size i use is 215/65/16. For only road use just get a pessenger tire. I my self will be getting Yokohama HT-s next . As i love my sand driving.

Also king springs also make rasie and lowering springs. Ill be jacking mine up so my resonator stops collecting sand and grass!