Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBK suggestion

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    slotted rotors only alleviate the problem??
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Just to suggest

OEM brakes are fine for any road thrashing you can do.

If your brakes are getting soft ( overheating pads or fluid) then it's time for braided lines , new fluid and sports pads. Perhaps even slotted discs. You don't need a $2k+++ BBK
    This!
    Brambo lmao, it all comes down to how much you want to spend, that's if you have your heart set on bbk.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Just wondering if i changed a pair of front 4 piston calipers but still using same OEM size rotor, is there gonna be much improvement?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    depends on the pad you use.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    BBK on street just allows you to lock your brakes or engage ABS more easily. The surface on the street is very poor and bumpy, compared to the flat and grippy stuff on most race tracks.

If you use the same type/grade of pad as you have now, then even with a BBK you will feel that your brakes will go soft (fade) after going at it hard like you are experiencing now.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

The ABS engages every frequent recently. Have around 2.5k budget to play around, few things I am worried about bigger rotor bbk set up. 1 which brand is easier to find the replacement rotor and pads locally, 2 Which brand is more reliable and wheels friendly, since i don't want to run spacer, my front wheels are rpf1 17*8 +45. I know they just clear spoon calipers without spacers....

Do you guys recommend spoon calipers? My mate asked me not to waste money on it since they just look good and no racing team use them except SPOON lol

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    With bigger brakes comes the need for better performing wheels/tires and suspension to clear the kit and handle the extra braking power.

Once you start upgrading a car to perform like a racing machine, it becomes less daily'able and the driver cops a lot of abuse from australia's rough roads..

Some people dont daily their S, where some others do..

Some people dont drive their S in the wet or on rough roads, where some others do..

All depends on what you know your car will be going through and what would and wont work for you.

When i get my next s2 soon, i'll be looking at BBKs as well and this thread could be useful..

Unfortunately i don't know much except for Brembo is a very well recognized brand globally and they do Brakes for many many cars, factory and racing.

I've seen a lot of S2s with Ap Racing as well, must be a reason..

Alps
    Last edited by ALPS; 26-11-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Try going through the mountains around Apollo Bay way, Skenes Creek Road through to Forest - Apollo Bay rd or Beech Forest - mount sabine rd.

sorry forgot to add the 'Black Spur'
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Just to suggest

OEM brakes are fine for any road thrashing you can do.

If your brakes are getting soft ( overheating pads or fluid) then it's time for braided lines , new fluid and sports pads. Perhaps even slotted discs. You don't need a $2k+++ BBK
    Last edited by ALPS; 26-11-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Try going through the mountains around Apollo Bay way, Skenes Creek Road through to Forest - Apollo Bay rd or Beech Forest - mount sabine rd.

Love Black Spur. But if you are having brake fade from the heat due to frequent heavy braking, then the same will be similar for BBK with similar type of pads. Using higher-rated or metallic pads helps more. Using standard "street" pads on a BBK will still have the same issues.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by whokid View Post
    The ABS engages every frequent recently.
    You need new tyres.

They are KU36 50% tread left...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post

oem brakes still more then enough for those roads unless your driving like it's a hillclimb championship event which 99.99% of the people here wont be.

Spoon calipers use the same brakepads as your stock calipers.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87