Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    good luck, because back then when this happened to me, i took it to the shop, they said i have to replace front rotor, front brake pads, rear drum brake shoes and cylinders.......
    after $800 and still didnt solve the problem, took it to my friend, he straight away tell me the prop valve is leaking. fixed that and no more spongy paddle.

since then, i dont trust what mechanic said from big shops like Auto Master, etc.

Mate the good thing is, I got an idea now on possible areas or thing to do on my civic.

That would be:
    1. Prop valve
    2. break master cylinder or
    3. bleeding the brakes.

Also, Thanks for giving me the right description of this kind of problem. -Spongy Brakes- That is.
    So im gonna hit the autoshop and see how it goes.

@All - mates im gonna update you on the progress.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by zapantalambda View Post
    Mate the good thing is, I got an idea now on possible areas or thing to do on my civic.

That would be:
    1. Prop valve
    2. break master cylinder or
    3. bleeding the brakes.

Also, Thanks for giving me the right description of this kind of problem. -Spongy Brakes- That is.
    So im gonna hit the autoshop and see how it goes.

@All - mates im gonna update you on the progress.
    keep us update

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I had a similar thing in my eg, it'd be fine 90% of the time, then if I'd been driving for a while, or if it was hot, the pedal would just go to the floor.... still a tiny bit of brake left, but not much. Pump it whilst I'm stopped, and it's back to normal. Never got around to fixing it... Car got written off after it tried to fight a lamp post. Needless to say, the post lost.

Update:

unfortunately still i dont have the chance to send my civic to the emergency room but i went to Bridgestone Campbelltown on saturday
    and i told steve that i will let their mechanic check it on my next dayoff.

Latest Thing I have done: Wheel Alignment + Nitrogen Inflation + Tyre Black + Carwash

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    I had a similar thing in my eg, it'd be fine 90% of the time, then if I'd been driving for a while, or if it was hot, the pedal would just go to the floor.... still a tiny bit of brake left, but not much. Pump it whilst I'm stopped, and it's back to normal. Never got around to fixing it... Car got written off after it tried to fight a lamp post. Needless to say, the post lost.
    I got the same problem, what causes this?

dayuuum spongy brakes almost put me in trouble a while ago. =/

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by aznstyler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    I got the same problem, what causes this?
    its because the post is much stronger then the car! and its mounted to the ground through the ground so it has better footing then a 1000kg rolling tin cage on 4 rubber tyres.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    anyway, Zeplintigerbumbda did u get this fixed?

finish mate. i went to isons and they changed the BMC already.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    good inpho guise and gerls