Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    The idea behind the jack/wood under the engine is to support it while the engine mount is out, reducing strain on the other mounts, but don't try and lift it with the jack... If you are worried about supporting it from under the oil pan you can usually get away with supporting it under the gearbox, or else use a couple of jacks (with wood) maybe one under gbox and one under oil pan... And the bigger the piece/pieces of wood you use the better obviously, as greater surface area will mean less force exerted on any one point...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    The idea behind the jack/wood under the engine is to support it while the engine mount is out, reducing strain on the other mounts, but don't try and lift it with the jack... If you are worried about supporting it from under the oil pan you can usually get away with supporting it under the gearbox, or else use a couple of jacks (with wood) maybe one under gbox and one under oil pan... And the bigger the piece/pieces of wood you use the better obviously, as greater surface area will mean less force exerted on any one point...

ah ok thanks for clarifying that up for me TGW92. Will see what my dad has to say tomorrow.

consider using a jackstand with a piee of wood ontop - to support the engine at the sup area. Wont budge - and wont damage your jack either !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ok thanks alot for the advice, will update when my dad makes up his decision. Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    this.
    this

thank
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Hi,

I've got a 94 Honda Accord CD5 due for a timing belt replacement. The mechanic said that this require replacing another belt as well. I did some research and it might be the timing balancer belt?

Can I get just the timing belt replaced or is there more than 1 belt in the kit that requires replacing?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by repeated_love View Post
    Hi,

I've got a 94 Honda Accord CD5 due for a timing belt replacement. The mechanic said that this require replacing another belt as well. I did some research and it might be the timing balancer belt?

Can I get just the timing belt replaced or is there more than 1 belt in the kit that requires replacing?
    do all the belts, seals and surrounding items or you're wasting your time and money
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

dont be penny wise and pound foolish. some things are cheaper to do in one shot.

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    dont be penny wise and pound foolish. some things are cheaper to do in one shot.
    buy dear cry once buy cheap cry all the time id love to help but have 5 belts to do in 4 days fk it might js go to mexico or sumshit

be sure to change idlers seals and water pump any of these items fail ur back to square one or some bent valves
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    buy dear cry once buy cheap cry all the time id love to help but have 5 belts to do in 4 days fk it might js go to mexico or sumshit

be sure to change idlers seals and water pump any of these items fail ur back to square one or some bent valves
    View Tag Cloud

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW

k

View Tag Cloud

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre