Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Question lowering seating position

Being taller (6+ ft) than what honda would assume the average height, i find the seating position would be better being a little lower.

I know there are seat rails that can drop the height of the recaro's, are there similar or would these work on the vtir seats?

I dont mind the seats, recaro's would be nice but beyond the budget and scope of what i want to spend on the car.

Any info?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    You might have to get custom rails. Don't think there are any vtir rails that are just lying arouind to be sold. So I'm sure you can get some fabricated up as a lot of people did this when they got replica recaros. Though i don't know where. I'd say you be looking from $200-$400 though.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

when honda design car they thought hmm demographic all 1 billion of us are under 5 feet, then when they find out market in overseas they werent fukd to change the entire chassis to accomodate anybody over 5 ft 6 inches true story.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Times like these im glad im not so tall.. though i wish i was taller
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    when honda design car they thought hmm demographic all 1 billion of us are under 5 feet, then when they find out market in overseas they werent fukd to change the entire chassis to accomodate anybody over 5 ft 6 inches true story.
    haha ah dang it, stoopid honda

Thanks anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    At 6'1", I've never had much of an issue with the seating position or headroom, aside from wishing the stick was ever so slightly closer. A short-shifter would put it well out of reach for me. I did, however, get a nasty surprise the other day. I closed the sunroof, only to find that some of my hair had blown up in the wind, and was caught as my sunroof closed. That was a touch unpleasant...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    any particular reason for keeping the stock seat? if not a bucket seat is a nice upgrade. some are quite compfy too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    because money
    because adr
    becuase stock seats good enuf
    because daily
    because tall bolsters are shit in daily
    because dolan nice to meat you
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    If money is the issue then dont spend it at all on rail fab, or any car mod.
    Ff you want ADR then theres no way the rails can be lowered and maintain ADR you have to go with DC2R seat + rail.
    What if stock seats are actually soft and going to sh*t
    Recaros are very comfortable, for daily even.
    Tall Bolsters shit on daily? not really, if its too hard to lift ur own weight up then seats arent your problem right now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Jimmy rustling accomplished.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    any particular reason for keeping the stock seat? if not a bucket seat is a nice upgrade. some are quite compfy too.
    not everyone considers honda a racecar m8

cool your jets mun,deep breath

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    summerised pretty well above

I have tuned my car to a point where im happy with it, mainly suspension and such. For a vtir, i think its a perfect balance and i dont want to spend much more on it other than just maintance. Ill save my pennies for a car that comes with recaro's (y)

Recaro's would be nice, but best saved for a type R imo. Even in the twisties the vtir seats arnt pefect, but ey i still had fun so thats what counts.