Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Wow. A silencer caused all this?

My knowledge of the time and space continuum has went out the window.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yep, previous owner probably got sent or ordered the silencer for the 60rs or something (maybe even for the exhaust of another car such as the jazz or something). The hole for the 70rs PROPER silencer is a bit larger than a 50c piece. The hole in mine was about as big as a 10c piece, creating much much more back pressure than the engine is meant to take probably - hence NO VTEC.

S'all good now

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1,DC2R,NA6
    Opinion of the 70RS ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Can't give much of an opinion yet. Only drove it locally to park the car after picking it up and had to head into work. Will update tonight after i go for a longer drive including a bit of highway travelling.

But so far - awesome. Loud, but awesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    demand a review!
    glads its all good now man
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    After driving it a fair bit last night both highway and local driving here are some thoughts:

1. It's loud.
    2. It sounds great - much nicer sound than the skunk 2 i previously had
    3. You better hope you enjoy listening to music relatively loud or it could get annoying.
    4. There is some drone at around 3-4k RPM as all users of the 70RS will say - but its bearable, less drone than skunk 2 and cruising at say 90-100km/hr is no where near as bad as skunk2 if you're in 6th.
    5. Up top the exhaust sounds very nice though. But I've only got an injen CAI - would prob sound better with a header setup as well. And of course a test pipe will remove the drone but i doubt anyone wants to risk the penalties

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1,DC2R,NA6
    Had a fellow s2k owner take me for a ride with the 70RS Ti w/ HFC and headers. It's pretty loud as you say, to the point where my ears were buzzing.

Not sure if it's bearable for me but the sound of this exhaust in VTEC sounds absolutely amazing.