Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Well thanks for the help guys. I'll keep that link above in mind. First I'll try to contact the place in the UK and see if they can ship here to AU as a one off thing. They do ship to the USA, so I could ship it to a family member in the USA then get them to ship it here to Australia... long way around but it works. BUT, I'll also go to my local Honda dealer and see if they can do anything for me in regards to a special order.
    UK shipping is quite expensive, unless your looking at smaller items.

I wanted to know something else in regards to Honda accessories. I was able to find the Co-axial speakers on Honda Access (www.honda-access.com). My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?
    That website looks like it's intended to be for Europe. All the accessories would be made in the same factory, just redistributed to different markets.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    I'm also looking to buy parts for my EK Hatch, mainly replacement parts.
    Cant find any place to buy oem genuine parts from, i tried google and ebay. Ebay has mostly fake crap that doesnt fit properly.

Anyway have any source they can buy bumpers, replacement rubbers/trims etc?

Quote Originally Posted by getm_up View Post
    I'm also looking to buy parts for my EK Hatch, mainly replacement parts.
    Cant find any place to buy oem genuine parts from, i tried google and ebay. Ebay has mostly fake crap that doesnt fit properly.

Anyway have any source they can buy bumpers, replacement rubbers/trims etc?
    Wreckers are probably the go for larger parts, shipping will cost way too much anyway. ~$300AUD for a bumper to be shipped from Japan.

You will likely have to get it colour matched and touched up.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    UK shipping is quite expensive, unless your looking at smaller items.
    I completely understand that bit for sure. I ordered some small computer parts once and I was charged $15 to ship it here... it was shipped in a letter as well.
    Anyway, I got a reply from the place and they do ship here to Australia! SO HAPPY!
    They ship via Fedex. I hope Fedex is good with shipping internationally.

I wanted to know something else in regards to Honda accessories. I was able to find the Co-axial speakers on Honda Access (www.honda-access.com). My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?
    Floor mats as far as I can see are for LHD.

My legend had the honda access tags as well for the floor carpets.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Purchase via the overseas websites, even if you tack the usual $50 shipping cost from the US on top you usually come out ahead. Same issue with BMW Australia. I can get 99% of the parts I need for my E30 from the US - usually at 1/3 the cost (the remainder are RHD specific parts). I bought 300 bucks worth of parts from the US and got them within 2 weeks. Compared to BMW Australia who quoted close to $900 for the same parts and up to 2 months delivery on parts from Germany, the shipping cost was a massive saving. Sometimes the parts are marked up 200% over US costs. You can do this with many US Honda suppliers too,
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Sorry don't mean to flame you but it is really stupid to insist on buying OEM coaxial speakers from Honda. I can understand if you want an oil filter, OEM visor, OEM coin pocket, etc. but there is absolutely no point in wasting your time and money on these OEM speakers.

When you consider how much it costs, the fact that it aren't gonna sound better than any reasonable brand speaker and once it's behind the grill no ones going to know what brand it is. Some Morel Coaxials will smoke these!

Anyway, it's your money so you do what you want with it. Good luck with your search.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?

"Access" is an abbreviation of Accessories It's a marketing name.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    Purchase via the overseas websites, even if you tack the usual $50 shipping cost from the US on top you usually come out ahead. Same issue with BMW Australia. I can get 99% of the parts I need for my E30 from the US - usually at 1/3 the cost (the remainder are RHD specific parts). I bought 300 bucks worth of parts from the US and got them within 2 weeks. Compared to BMW Australia who quoted close to $900 for the same parts and up to 2 months delivery on parts from Germany, the shipping cost was a massive saving. Sometimes the parts are marked up 200% over US costs. You can do this with many US Honda suppliers too,
    Any idea how I would go about looking for US Honda suppliers? I have tried to contact a couple, but the shipping is just too expensive. $100 for posting a gasket.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I buy ALL of the OEM Parts i require for my Accord from the US.
    From TasAuto, they do 89-00 Honda Accords only.. The shipping is decent, and it always works out cheaper than buying from my nearest Honda parts distributor.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

too bad no parts for legend (acura RL).