Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132334080 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    hmm, in his defense, i wouldn't allow any test drives if i sold unless you could show me a bank statement/cash with my asking price. bought/sold a few cars, never been as protective as i am of my s2k.
    Well with sellers like that, i usually ask them to drive around instead and hear for common problems of the s2k, And you can feel what the drivers is feeling as well soo any shudder or something wrong you be able to spot them too. If they deny that too ill stay away from the car. I watched the previous owner of my car let 3 different people test the car within 1hour and all of us rushed to the bank but luckily i had my ways
    Last edited by manonastick; 12-01-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    yeh that works. thing is i wouldn't mind allowing a test drive, but you would have to show me money. i'm not asking for a deposit (which is what a lot of people do), i'm just asking for evidence that after you are 100% happy with my car, you will buy it. end of the day, if i had it up for 25, 30, 35, 40 whatever, you either have the money or you don't.

for the record, i went to see 5 cars in a week, and even when OFFERED to drive them, i declined, as i only wanted to test drive if i was 100% happy with everything else, and the only thing stopping me from purchase was to test the car myself. only 1 matched that criteria, so i returned to see it rather than testing it first time. felt bad though because i had it looked at and it wasn't what i thought so i didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by seancrx9 View Post
    Does anyone know history on this car? He says somethi g locks up or makes noises in diff when turning corners. Wt?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=14060539
    Previous owner killed the diff/axles/cv joints (one of them, can't remember) by having 20" chromies that were too heavy for the car, which he replaced/fixed.

I would assume the noises are from them being replaced/fixed poorly, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    yeh that works. thing is i wouldn't mind allowing a test drive, but you would have to show me money. i'm not asking for a deposit (which is what a lot of people do), i'm just asking for evidence that after you are 100% happy with my car, you will buy it. end of the day, if i had it up for 25, 30, 35, 40 whatever, you either have the money or you don't.

for the record, i went to see 5 cars in a week, and even when OFFERED to drive them, i declined, as i only wanted to test drive if i was 100% happy with everything else, and the only thing stopping me from purchase was to test the car myself. only 1 matched that criteria, so i returned to see it rather than testing it first time. felt bad though because i had it looked at and it wasn't what i thought so i didn't buy it.
    Well i was in different budget and took every chance to test drive one. I had my friends one as a benchmark and just tested if the owner allowed. I wasnt allowed to be picky and the only criteria i had is straight chasis and fine engine i was lucky to find one that drove like my friends one with 80k kms despite having almost double km
    Last edited by manonastick; 12-01-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Quote Originally Posted by aaronm View Post
    Just put the deposit on the white s2k!!! After searching for so long im so happy ones finally mine.
    Picked up for 26.5.. Kinda pricey but I was willing to pay the white Honda tax and for an unmolested one.
    It does need new tyres to get rwc done. Can anyone recommend some cheapish tyres that will last for a while until
    I get new rims? He just has stock rims on

There's a shop in Thomastown (assuming your from melbourne) they sell tyres for around 60 bucks brand new.. Obviously not the best brand but good for now until u get rims

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/EK4/EJ8
    what do u guy think of this one "GPW S2K " ? just pop out

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ort=LastUpdate

low k at a decent price
    Last edited by drifter; 12-01-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Hard to tell from pics. Take a look at it. If all checks out would defs be a decent buy at that price (or lower)

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Its mostly the case with buyers and sellers whereby people want the best price on either side of the fench.Nothing like be sure than be sorry if the vehicles not properly check out and end up with the lemons as i personally experience with a nissan 260z(2seater) during my earlier years.
    Happy hunting guys. cheers tay

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    What about the respray? How did it come about with that?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3-EVO-S2000
    so..i've seen this on carsales for abit http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ck&sort=~Price
    Herro

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    s2000 side fender badge is in the complete wrong place - means it's been replaced at some time (possibly due to a hit?)

That's all i can tell from a 30second look while at work

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    front badge is black, and like black8thgen said, the side fender badges are in the wrong place as well, colour looks a bit off, alignment doesnt look hundred percent where the bumper meets the fenders and bonnet,, guaranteed has had some sort of playing around with at the front, whether it be badges ripped off for looks and put back on or an actual accident..

and i love how they say 'no accident history', just cos it's not on paper.

just know that when something seems too cheap to be real. it is too cheap to be real.. but hey, on the other side, if it's been repaired good, there's no damage behind the guards and bumper and no structural damage existant, good deal. but i dont want a car knowing it's been played with, plus lowered and no mention of driveshafts been replaced, guaranteed the cv joints are on their way as well.

lol i love the name of the seller
    Last edited by ALPS; 23-01-2013 at 08:30 AM.