Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My black dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    clicking noise - possible worn driveshafts
    Not sure, I've had a few mechanical minded people have a look at it and they haven't really pin pointed what it is.

I'm taking it to deddy at top one auto on Wednesday for a service and to have a look at the issue.

I've heard very good things about top one auto? Anyone else heard the same?

+1. Compared to a stock dc2r, when you put good breathing components, the response is so much better. Had a spoon muffler all the way to my dc headers. Plus an injen cai. The sound and response was amazing!

will you do jdm front cut?
    I am looking one for my dc2^^"

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Very nice , you said you had some minor scratches i recommend ( Wash > Polish > Wax ) scratches on the clear coat should go away.
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Because, for a naturally aspirated VTEC engine, the torque curve should be one long, smooth pull from idle to redline. If it's not, and you're feeling a large jump in the torque curve after VTEC engages, you are losing power in the midrange prior to engagement - usually cause by bolt on mods not tuned to the engine.

My b18c civic was tuned with a 3800rpm VTEC engagement, you could not feel any VTEC surge or switchover noise, just a very nice and smooth power delivery which pulled all the way to 8200 rpm. It was beautiful.
    It's hard to make a general statement that louder crossover = less power, as it sort of does apply but in the case of a CAI it's only gonna be more audible because of the open air filter, metal piping and lack of intake resonator (as rys.I said).

Although the way you explained the torque curve is certainly true. If there is a dip in power and then a huge kick when the secondary cam lobes are engaged, then the engagement point is at the wrong RPM for that engine setup.

If the power line on a dyno graph starts to drop off even a small amount before VTEC then it needs to be set earlier, however if it dips when VTEC engages then it must be set later.

sorry if I'm getting off topic here.. haha

very nice ride OP
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

According to "official" sources the k20 torque curve looks like a shallow lopsided M. With a dip in late mid range around 4500 and rising up again as vtec engages at 6000

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    According to "official" sources the k20 torque curve looks like a shallow lopsided M. With a dip in late mid range around 4500 and rising up again as vtec engages at 6000
    Before purchasing my dc2r I drove a few dc5r' and like many others say the power delivery is completely different.

I personally found the b series had alot more of a power kick once Vtec had been engaged, and when changing gears the k series does not stay engaged in Vtec.

Just my personal opinion.

B series is much more flat up till vtec therefore much sharper surge of power. its like hitting a curb while the k20 is slightly like a roller coaster

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    B series is much more flat up till vtec therefore much sharper surge of power. its like hitting a curb while the k20 is slightly like a roller coaster
    Before my dc2R was tuned at vtec engagment i got a increase of 15kws instantly. Give the more rush and surge affect. But having a smoother power curve after tune is alot better to drive with and for performance. But it losses the vtec kick affect!

Heres dyno sheet!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	23786

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    If you want to actually hear the vtec crossover, take the top airbox cover off and take it around the block like that... 10 x louder sounds amazing! I've got an ARC Magic intake arm and box in my ITR... the crossover with the stock rubber arm and poddy shits all over the sound of the ARC setup. So much louder and aggressive!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Update guys. Just got the service performed by deddy at top one. Was happy with the experience, sounds like a genuine mechanic.

The noise I described was just my driveshaft needing tightening.

Had the gearbox oil replaced also makes a big big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    Update guys. Just got the service performed by deddy at top one. Was happy with the experience, sounds like a genuine mechanic.

The noise I described was just my driveshaft needing tightening.

Had the gearbox oil replaced also makes a big big difference.
    Was it the kind of ticking that was more frequent the faster the car went? Did it happen at all speeds?
    EG