Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID lights

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic ek1
    hey guys, thanks for all the response, if i were to just want the white colour, seeing that i bought some led lights for the parkers and the rest, which dont match the head lights, would the white phillips lights match ? and my neighbour has a honda civic fd2, which has hids. although they are shaped differently, there is still that thing in the middle that reflects the light back wards, similar to ek headlights. they dont seem to scatter alot, so how much different would the 2 civics be ? although he doesnt really drive at night alot...

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Post us some pics of your parkers.

Some LED parkers are 4200/4300k kelvin outputs and others are 5000k/6000k outputs. Hard to tell without any pics to compare.

The bit in the middle of the headlights comes in different shapes or forms.

The ek has two types.

Facelift- has the cutoffs on each ends
    Pre FL- is solid round.

The facelft provides more scatter than the pre fl due to the cutoffs which beams out directly causing a blind eye to the oncoming cars or from the rear view mirrors.

Also the FL has a clearer headlight plastic cover than the pre FL. The internal reflectors imside the headlights are also designed differently, therefore it will have different output beams/spread on the road = scatter.

If u remove the bit in the middle, basically rather than the beams being scattered, it will just beam out almost like a spotlight but wider. Thats why u just aim the light a little lower than standard height.

With the fd2 headlights are again designed differently compared to the ek lights- its the way the internal reflectors or mirrors reflects the light to the road.

It will also depend on the HID globe H4 is designed. The example below is like the genuine philips h4 globe. Notice that the globe has its own reflector at the top? This is to eliminate the scatter ad actually reflect the light to the headlight reflectors or mirrors. (Edit) also the back reflector bit on the globe assists in creating a flat line beam output. Basically it will block off one side of the globe and only reflect the open end to create a flat beam output = less scatter when reflected to the headlight reflectors.

Other hid h4 kits do not even have these, they are just the glass filament.

If youre still unsure just buy philips diamond visions 5000k globes. And i think i saw a post in the forsale section going cheap....

Let us know how u go mate.
    Last edited by Rage King; 31-01-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    RB1-ODC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic ek1
    Thanks Rage King that is some awesome info, mine is pre face lift, but i will definitely take some pics first

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda civic ek1
    Sorry would anyone mind linking me to the philips diamond vision light bulbs on sale ?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by panda.monium3 View Post
    Sorry would anyone mind linking me to the philips diamond vision light bulbs on sale ?
    did u end up buying a set of diamond visions or hids?

i just bought a pair of diamond visions H11 from the seller... quick service and ****en dirt cheap too...rrp is like $100-145 FML lol
    RB1-ODC