[CU2] Parking Sensor that work in the rain/wet

I tried searching but not sure if I am looking at the right one that works for CU2 non-lux.

Can someone point me to the good 3rd party parking sensor that actually works in the rain/wet. How much incl installation? and any option for reverse camera?

btw curious. i know this option is costly no-go, but... how much actually is the Honda original parking sensor kit? can this be installed to a non-luxury model and integrate with the meter cluster?

...reason for asking this is because mine beeps continuously everytime it rains (bought car used, and it came with it).

can anyone point me to a good installer?

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    i had a $30 ebay one installed on my civic previously and it worked like a charm.......maybe your old one was affected by the rain droplets on the sensor? or perhaps the paint too thick so that little droplet just pushed it over and caused it to trigger...

Thanks Phillip. I will check. The ones that were installed maybe also came from eBay I am not sure. Looking at the sensors, I don't see any abnormalities or paint defects. Everytime it rains, i get continuous beeps (loud!), which is very annoying. Weird, it doesn't happen previously when I washed the car, but only when it rains recently in Sydney.

So I plan to change the sensors but don't know which one or whether same thing will happen again after changing them.

Is it possible to reach the sensor from underneath the bumper by hand to remove it, or do i need to have the entire bumper removed? I don't mind to DIY if I need to, but to remove bumper is a bit of work there as I need space.

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    I could reach mine without taking bumper. Depends on the car I guess. See how you go.