Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippit View Post
    People buy nice cars and it annoys me when they
    1 - Don't look after them
    OR
    2 - Don't fricken drive them!
    I love my car and if i would have owned it from new....phwoaaahhh!
    I like it how you take care of your car, I like to do the same. Personally I find a low bum unusual above all things, I like a car to have equal height, or slightly raised rear.

Problem is cars like Type R, S15, WRX (insert sub 45k car here) are cheap performance cars, so people rarely take care of them. 80k+ Euros will most likely be garaged, well serviced, barely driven and taken care of, but a DC5r will most likely be thrashed, never serviced due to the young owner having debts or no money, and the paintwork will usually be farked due to parking on the street (garage full because share-house). Takes ages to find a truly clean one, but that's all part of the fun.

Most have high ks because they are DD. I don't know anyone that owns a DC5 or equivalently priced car and barely drives it.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 21-11-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    I like it how you take care of your car, I like to do the same. Personally I find a low bum unusual above all things, I like a car to have equal height, or slightly raised rear.

Problem is cars like Type R, S15, WRX (insert sub 45k car here) are cheap performance cars, so people rarely take care of them. 80k+ Euros will most likely be garaged, well serviced, barely driven and taken care of, but a DC5r will most likely be thrashed, never serviced due to the young owner having debts or no money, and the paintwork will usually be farked due to parking on the street (garage full because share-house). Takes ages to find a truly clean one, but that's all part of the fun.

Most have high ks because they are DD. I don't know anyone that owns a DC5 or equivalently priced car and barely drives it.
    me. and phil, due to loss of license LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    shieeet eh. I hope the suspension period is not too long. Look at it as keeping those kms low. My car has only got 71k km. Managed to buy it off the original owner in Feb with genuine 63k km. Freakin amazing for an early 2001 model car.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 21-11-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Yeah you right in saying that! But im the sort of person even if it was a $3000 charade I'd still have it clean/spotless and fix any flaws cause thats just how I am! I'm going to drop the front 5mm-10mm, see how it sits, if still sunken at back then raise rear. Your bloody lucky to have purchased it at such low kms keeping it pristine

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    LAWL get to keep the kms down atleast, valuable lesson learnt too!
    shieeet eh. I hope the suspension period is not too long. Look at it as keeping those kms low. My car has only got 71k km. Managed to buy it off the original owner in Feb with genuine 63k km. Freakin amazing for an early 2001 model car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippit View Post
    Yeah you right in saying that! But im the sort of person even if it was a $3000 charade I'd still have it clean/spotless and fix any flaws cause thats just how I am!
    lol, my 1st car was a $3k 1991 3 pot charade. Used to spray tyre shine on the non colour coded bumpers.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 21-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Nice build!
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Nice build!
    Thanks!!

Made my brakes even better again!
    DBA T3 wiper slot (DBA4000's) rotors
    Ferodo DS2500 Pads

Now I just need some braided lines and then eventually rear pads and rotors

MY products ready to be installed

nomnomnom!

I also lowered the front another 5mm to even out the car and give a better turn in. The buddyclub's only have another 8mm of thread left to lower and is still comfortable to ride

My front pads that i cooked at honda nationals, the material was melted and cracked

Thats it for now, next modification will probably be a mugen rear lip customised to fit AUDM rear bar and then K-PRO

Catch Ya's @ JDMYARD meet!

Nothing major but today at work during lunch break I put the car up on the Hoist and put some exhaust heat wrap around the headers where It sits next to the rear engine mount, just to stop heat attacking the mount and hardening/cracking the rubber. Probably wouldn't happen anyway but better to be safe than sorry!
    Just wish I did this prior to install!

Small update :
    Managed to pick up some BF Series Defi Gauges with Defi Link in white (wanting to swap someone for red) from work, Got them hooked up and running nicely, just waiting on Oil temp sensor adaptor should be here soon. Found a Defi water temp adaptor for radiator hose for like $15 so was cheering!

Anyone want swap chasing red ones!

Today I ordered something I've been wanting ever since I got the car, Will wait till its fitted before revealing what it is. Hoping its all done by mid February
    77 days till I'm back on the road!

Peace,

JDM update YO! lol....

Found a JDM rear bar on Ebay pretty cheap from QLD, rang and bargained them a little. Nek minut (3days) it was at my door! Whilst this was on its way, My Mugen rep rear lip was also on its way (along side with a mugen front lip which I'm selling off)

Being a replica rear lip the fitments was not as good as i liked, even after the body shop had painted and fitted it for me it required some heating up with the gun and re-shaping and im about 95% happy with how it sits now! Few more touch ups here and there!

Big thanks to Alex (plathingg) for helping me out with info i needed and motivating me to modify the rear bar as pictured below.

So here it is at my house, first thing was removing the rear lip and putting it up for sale, money back woop, mock up numberplate location and had to modify the plate so it would fit snug!

Now, the JDM plate being a much taller plate you don't see that big hole above my numberplate, Alex(plaything) brought this to my attention and forced me to fix it which I'm glad I did as it look 100x better!
    So found a flat plastic piece which I could use as a base, glued and sealed it to the bumper, clamped down and let it dry!

Once this was done I sanded away some paint so the fibreglass and body filler would stick le-good!

Weapon of choice

Didn't get any photos of whilst fibreglassing as its a messy ass job (and itchy) But this is an after photo with the powder which helps it set, little did i know when it sets it heats up...alot!

Legit hot, 75c hot!

Bare fibreglass

Next day sanded it so its level, and filled with body filler

Perfect timing this arrived night before paint was booked in!

End result, PHAT rear end!

And for those who don't know what the AUDM rear bar looked like here it is!

And thats that!

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    this i can fap too ! , loving the Purple Beaks + LCAs !
    SingleCammerJammer