Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    could you advise what additive you used?

and i might add, there was fuel coming out with the oil!
    If there is the smell of fuel or presence of fuel with the oil from sump etc, then you've got a seal issue

Phil jai, just convert already la you lazy...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

ma 200,000km eg4 hatch blows smoke when i cross 5k rpm..but this will only happen once i rev it tell max...next gear rev it again..no smoke..cold starts perfect after i fix the famous flooding choke problem..did a temporary fix which is a permanent fix for me..no use changin the choke system..was using castrol 15w40 earlier changing at every 5k..no harsh driving or high revings...was not satisfies with it..car would feel a bit rough after 3500km or so..used nulon 15w-40...gud oil..car felt lot lot better..plus it feel light..but i think bcoz of the nulons anti frictioin addictive it did burn oil..probably 1-1.5 ltr per 5000km..now m using castrol 15w-50...lil bit thick..but the engine sound is smooth now....no starting issues..lets see how much oil does it burn now..oh forgot to mention i use liqui moly MOS2 with every oil change..it's been a habbit before even i cam to to australia..

my ed with a d16y1 is blowing smoke on vtec and my oil doesnt seem milky so hopefully its not the head gasket. (plus my coolant doesnt seem to go down)

is it really not worth the time to replace valve seals if they are gone? everyone tells me to not bother with a d series but i would like this car to last a while longer.

im currently using any cheap 20w-50 oil i can get

ive noticed alot of d16y1 start burning oil after 200,000 kms lol

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For interest's sake I got 2.2L of the Penrite HPR10 10W-50 back after 5,200KMs.

Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 returned 2L after 4,800KMs.

Happier with the Penrite. Better oil too.