Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Have a look at jaycar's Response range of amps. They're incredible value for the price (try $399 for a well spec'd D class 800wrms monoblock amp or $299 for a 4 x 100wrms amp)

Response 800w monoblock

Response 4 x 100w amp

all the reviews I've read have said that they're great for moderate SPL applications but not as good on the high SQ front (for purists anyway) but they would probably do for what you want.. don't be a slave to brand names, often the stuff inside their poverty spec models is a load of shite.
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    If you just want to buy ONE amp first, definitely go a 4 Channel so you can power your sub and fronts or rears.

If you buy a monoblock first then you'll only power the sub which, IMO, is pointless. The 4 Channel will be the

better option.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Replica
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MuN
    If you just want to buy ONE amp first, definitely go a 4 Channel so you can power your sub and fronts or rears.

If you buy a monoblock first then you'll only power the sub which, IMO, is pointless. The 4 Channel will be the

better option.
    ive got a 4ch already, which is running my front, rears & sub. lol
    i would like a new 4ch since mines only 400w dont think its enough to run my speakers to full potential, though a 2ch or monoblock would be my first priority.

thanks for the sugguestions so far guys..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Replica
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva_Blue
    Have a look at jaycar's Response range of amps. They're incredible value for the price (try $399 for a well spec'd D class 800wrms monoblock amp or $299 for a 4 x 100wrms amp)

Response 800w monoblock

Response 4 x 100w amp

all the reviews I've read have said that they're great for moderate SPL applications but not as good on the high SQ front (for purists anyway) but they would probably do for what you want.. don't be a slave to brand names, often the stuff inside their poverty spec models is a load of shite.

i might even consider the monotblock. damn 800wrms
    do u own or have u ever used it? if so have you had any issues or probs with it? and does it performs at how u want it?

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    I have a MTX monoblock 800 wrms amp for the subs its fkn tops man no probs, dosnt over heat or anything and runs the subs at full blast with no problems, CRAZY amp IMO

Have not owned or used the current model Response monoblock but I've used Response multi-channel amps in the past. They've never had any problems whatsoever (provided they are installed properly), they have good thermal protection circuits so they won't cook themselves to death and they give very good sound (check out the review of the 2 x 150w model from this range in the current Autosalon mag, they couldn't find fault with it at all).

When you work out that they only cost 50cents per watt, that's amazing value compared to anything else out there. And they're actually a pretty good looking piece of kit IMO. Keep you're current 4 channel (for your full range speakers) and just add the monoblock for you're sub, it will thump pretty hard if thats what you're after.
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Replica
    sweet im considering that monoblock or the 2ch they have. depending on how much dosh i got when i come to purchase it. lol

the autosalon mag, the super-size-this one? with d cups on the cover?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    don't see why you can't go for the jaycar stuff.
    i've heard reviews that thier not too bad, but, never heard or played with em myself.
    but i guess, for that price, i don't really think you can go wrong.
    =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Beautiful Euro '05 Man
    jaycar doesnt have high level line in does it?

everyone seems to be raving these amps.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    Bwaaaahhahahah if ur really serious about car sound dont go to jaycrap!
    Go fo U.S brands there some of the best not excluding pioneer and alpine amps

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Tegstar, u used Jaycar stuff before???

For the price, id like to see anything beat it..

event things tahst cost more cant beat stuff from jaycar,
    and yes i have used there stuff for the last two years,
    not a problem at all and it sounds great