Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: type s vs dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    hmph does it really matter? unless ur plannin to drive and challenge stock cars...p.s. the cars don't drive themselves

my friend will defiantely be up for a challenge
    stock for stock

on track of course
    none of this i beat u at the lights business

personally, i would go DC2R any day
    being a car enthusiast, more specifically, honda lover
    id like to think of myself as more than just an average driver
    the DC2R is raw and uncompromised
    i love the hard ride
    love the narrow recaros
    love the oversteer-y nature of the car

thats what a driver's car should be like
    it excites you everytime u drive
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    nottegra!!
    Amen to that, the brudda knows what he's talkin about...

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC
    The Type S might be easier to drive on roads that ain't perfect. The S gives more refined and user friendly handling, But DC2R will definitely be faster in the race track. If you have driven a front drive car with no LSD in the race track u will know what I mean.

More power with the S but it will have trouble getting it down on corner exit. The stiffer suspension setting on the double wishbone layout will also help the Type R to be faster in race track corners. It only calls for a better skilled driver and more delicate control cos it's designed to oversteer while turn in, but it's so easy to control, u can use this to your advantage with some practice.

The 3 Ultimate track weapon that DC2 Type R has got (relative to DC 5 Type S):
    1. Double Wishbone layout in front and rear suspension;
    2. LSD to aid power down (141Kw isn't little power) in corner exits;
    3. Weight saving measures = Less weight = higher cornering speed/ less time wasted and better braking distance, all things being equal.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    ok i got my friend out and we dragged a dc5r in his dc5s and killed it, got to drag a dc2r also and pretty close but the dc2r started pulling away thats what i wanted to see cause im not a fan of the type s, type r was the original, none of that wanna be crap, plus im getting a dc2r soon

Member Array
    Car:
    14' GK5 Jazz
    So is the DC5S good or not??
    What about DC5R?? is it any good?
    I'm buying a Integra tomorrow if eveything is right.
    I was going to buy a DC2R but its too hard to find one in good condition.
    So I'll be getting a DC5R or DC5S.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by SAWAKITA; 22-07-2005 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWAKITA
    So is the DC5S good or not??
    What about DC5R?? is it any good?
    I'm buying a Integra tomorrow if eveything is right.
    I was going to buy a DC2R but its too hard to find one in good condition.
    So I'll be getting a DC5R or DC5S.
    Any suggestions?
    the question is within yourself
    are you are good driver? I believe each car mentioned can performs very well in their own way.
    I know people brag about dc2r being the real deal, but it doesn't take much for a dc5's to beat a dc2 IMO. It's Driver baby, i've beaten turbo'ed machines before, but that doesn't mean that my cars better nor quicker..
    what are you looking for in a car? stock power or a car with greater potential for easy power gains?
    would you compromise comfort for handling?
    are you easily distracted and spend your weekend stripping your car to look for rattles? ie. a fussy owner?

But don't go ruling out any of the three, i think they are equally impressive in their own way

My 2c

Member Array
    Car:
    14' GK5 Jazz
    I can drive good but I don't mean race.
    I drive R33 GTST atm to work everyday, its using too much petrol and not comfortable with 218rwkw + hard suspension.
    I need a car that have enough power + comfort + good fuel efficiency.
    So today I ordered a new championship white Type S and join the HONDA family.

Quote Originally Posted by hong_ung
    the question is within yourself
    are you are good driver? I believe each car mentioned can performs very well in their own way.
    I know people brag about dc2r being the real deal, but it doesn't take much for a dc5's to beat a dc2 IMO. It's Driver baby, i've beaten turbo'ed machines before, but that doesn't mean that my cars better nor quicker..
    what are you looking for in a car? stock power or a car with greater potential for easy power gains?
    would you compromise comfort for handling?
    are you easily distracted and spend your weekend stripping your car to look for rattles? ie. a fussy owner?

But don't go ruling out any of the three, i think they are equally impressive in their own way

My 2c

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    type-s or dc5r ANYDAY over a dc2 ! dc2 is like a lancer so girly n small. at least dc5 and type-s have a bit of beef to them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    sawakita i had a 300rwhp s15 and went to a Gsi, hondas a are a totaly different feel, on straight line no dought the s15 would absolutly murder a gsi but round bends it be a dam close race, plus you get less D heads wanting to race you just cause they drive a v8 and think they r good.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    Interesting indeed, I wonder how many of you ppl that crap on about the dc2 been the tracking, actually do track it up...

sti own
    Last edited by CJL; 23-07-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC
    The Type S might be easier to drive on roads that ain't perfect. The S gives more refined and user friendly handling, But DC2R will definitely be faster in the race track. If you have driven a front drive car with no LSD in the race track u will know what I mean.
    Thats what the review based the cars to perform on.

Daily driving.

dc2r is meant to be a track car, hence it wasnt review for track capabilities.

LOL @ engine pic for dc2r !
    Opened Stock OEM pod !

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    the new type S is a great purchase..bit expensive but you will enjoy it...good choice

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    i would have just gone the dc2r ne day and with the extra cash put some CAI and some small modes to make it even with the type s, but type s is still sweet man good work